- Teaches students:
- Ages 13+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
I got started with programming just out of curiosity for how everything on computers worked. When I wanted a certain kind of script or tool, I would research how to make each part as I went, and it quickly became a passion for me. It's so satisfying and empowering when you can use a language to create exactly what you want as elegantly and efficiently as possible, and there's no better way than hands-on experience writing real code. Python is an excellent language to make this happen for both beginners and experts, as it's very readable, easy to use, and widely supported.
Is it your first time learning to program? Do you need help with object-oriented versus functional style? Do you want to dive into something like:
- Desktop GUI apps with Tkinter
- Database interaction (SQL)
- Web scraping
- Test and behavior-driven development
Just let me know what you're looking to learn. I look forward to working with you!
Test automation and behavior-driven development using Python.
A mix of roles over time:
- Accurately and quickly transcribe technical audio messages.
- Three-month internship in a manager role, helping members improve productivity and interviewing prospective members.
- Create multiple desktop GUI apps to improve manager productivity: XML scraping, VNC quick launcher for all workstations, website scraping into database with view