Hi, I'm Marion. I bring a lifetime of experience helping people of all ages improve their writing, and English skills. My experience with second language learners is extensive. Whatever your skill set, age, abilities, or background, I can help make you a better writer.
I've worked with middle, high school and college students on developing the reading, writing and research skills needed for success in many academic areas. I've worked with second language learners on speaking, reading, and writing.
Preparing for essay tests is one of my areas of expertise, but my teaching philosophy is less about preparing for a particular test than it is about developing strategies that work for a broad number of tests and in real life situations.
I love working with adults and younger people on developing storytelling techniques, and public speaking skills for presentations and interviews, as well as for personal events. These are great confidence builders with real world results!
Whatever type of writing you need to work on, it would be my honor and privilege to work with you.
Taught all levels of high school English.
Taught classes in both English and human development.
Tutored all levels of writing taught at the college. Worked with individuals, groups, and class-sized labs. Also worked with individuals having difficulty in writing for other subject areas.
Taught different levels of English and composition offered at the college.
· Writing · In studio Marion is professional and informative, offering productive suggestions and insight in achieving my personal goals.
· ESL · In studio The teacher could adapt to my level
· Writing · Online I think she is a great teacher, and I am very happy I choose her.
· · In studio Fantastic teacher!
· ESL · In studio It was my first class and I really liked!
· Reading · In studio Marion's communication skills and her depth and breadth of knowledge are a recipe for enjoyable learning as well as comprehension and mastery of any subject she teaches.
· Writing · Online Marion Stein is a skilled writer and an exceptionally good communicator. Her critique of my work has always been thoughtful and very much on point. Considering her experience working with youth at all levels, I would regard her an an ideal person to tutor in this field.
· Literature · Online Marion has often offered guidance, criticism and support for my writing on an informal basis. She is astute, honest and encouraging as well as a skilled, knowledgeable and effective tutor. In short, her input makes you better at stuff.