My name is Maria, I was born and raised in Torino, Italy and I have been teaching Italian for the past 13 years. I moved to California in 1997 and I have been living here in Orange County with my family ever since. I have a degree in Political Science from the University of Torino, Italy and a Master in Political Science from the University of California, Irvine.
I have been teaching Italian both to children (from "mommy & me" classes to middle school students) and to adults; I taught from the beginner level to the advance one; I taught to single students, to small groups and to large classes. Because of my very diverse teaching experience I learned the importance and the necessity of customizing all my lessons, thus, I will teach you what you will want to learn.
I previously worked there from 2004 to 2006
· Italian · Online I really enjoy our lessons! Maria is so friendly and encouraging.
· Italian · In studio I am a retired school teacher so I know good teaching when I see it.
Maria is excellent. First, her techniques for teaching grammar along with vocabulary, bit by bit introducing the nuances needed to put sentences together in the proper fashion get students learning several things at once without actually realizing how much is being absorbed. Second, she supplies useful handouts to supplement the text as well as a multitude of on-line sources. I have used them often.
Last, her personality is extremely helpful for me, a slow learner! Her love for two countries, two ways of life, shows through and her uplifting personality makes the learning process fun. Obviously she is teaching a language but she is also teaching something of the Italian culture. It is apparent she very much wants students to learn and is willing to help those who learn slowly as well as those who have a “knack” for languages. I recommend her highly.
· Italian · Online such a wonderful teacher, very thorough from years of experience, makes it seem easy and fun, highly recommend her
· Italian · Online I have taken about a months worth of lessons with Maria so far and I've been very happy. She is an experienced Italian teacher and has been able to hone in on what I need to improve my Italian. I was an exchange student in Italy for a year and I can get by in Italian, but I am looking to improve my grammar and depth of knowledge. Maria gives me homework where I have to use the language skills I have and then she goes through and corrects them with me so I can learn where my deficiencies are. The lessons are all in Italian so I get to practice listening and speaking in Italian too. She's fun to work with and I look forward to my lessons with her. If you're looking for a teacher who understands how to teach Italian look no further. I am happy to have found her and have no reservations in recommending her.
· Italian · Online Maria is a great Instructor. First, she finds out why you want to learn Italian, business, pleasure or maybe a trip to Italy. She then develops a plan so you will get the most from the lessons. In my case the lessons are focused on the type of conversations i'm likely to face in Italy It helps me that Maria is very patient and encouraging. Great fun!
· Italian · Online WONDERFUL Teacher!!
· Italian · In studio Maria is a very professional , friendly, patient and caring teacher. I highly recommend her for different age group students.
· Italian · In studio I would highly recommend Maria as an Italian instructor. I started out wanting to learn some Italian for my trip to Italy. She made the learning fun and useful. I did take my trip and thoroughly enjoyed it and my ability to understand and speak some Italian made the trip even more meaningful. I have enjoyed the class so much I am still learning Italian some 6 months after my trip. Maria is warm and kind and an excellent teacher. Take a class it's fun.
· Italian · In studio I have been taking lessons from for Maria almost a year. She is a very effective teacher because she covers the material in imaginative ways and always with a great sense of humor. I really enjoy working with her.
· Italian · Online Fun with a good teacher. I'm a language teacher (French) myself so I think I know!