I am deeply passionate about sharing knowledge with others and have been lucky to be teaching my entire adult life. There are so many enriching experiences available to us when we learn more about the world.
Foreign languages are among my favorites, and I have specialized in teaching Latin, Italian, and Japanese. As a geologist, I am also profoundly interested in the sciences. When I teach I like to understand where my students are coming from, what really inspires them, and help them to enjoy and love what they want to learn. For me, learning is always fun, so whether you like to study or you are having trouble motivating yourself to concentrate, together we will discover the joy and fun in what you are studying.
UH-60L Black Hawk helicopter pilot in the Arizona Army National Guard.
Volunteer search and rescue pilot for the Air Force Auxiliary, Civil Air Patrol.
I have founded and been musical director for five a cappella groups and arranged a cappella sheet music for those groups and for customers via my website.
When I was stationed in Tokyo, I was able to become fluent in Japanese rapidly by means of special techniques I acquired, and turned those techniques into a multi-level course to help other Americans achieve proficiency in Japanese.
Led and managed the cargo and passenger movement system at the largest military aerial port hub in the Pacific.
While I was in graduate school for my M.S. in Geological Sciences, I taught Intro to Geology courses, as well as tutoring privately.
Taught Spanish and Latin full time at Moravian Academy Middle School, grades 6, 7, and 8.
Taught Italian classes at Lehigh University after the college cancelled its Italian program. I was the sole Italian teacher at Lehigh University during that time.
The Phi Beta Kappa Society celebrates and advocates excellence in the liberal arts and sciences. Its campus chapters invite for induction the most outstanding arts and sciences students at America’s leading colleges and universities. The Society sponsors activities to advance these studies — the humanities, the social sciences, and the natural sciences — in higher education and in society at large.
Phi Beta Delta, founded at California State University, Long Beach in 1986, was established as an organization in 1987 with 38 chartered chapters, many of which had existed for a considerable time previously at the local level. It is the first honor society dedicated to recognizing scholarly achievement in international education. As of December of 2012, 192 chapters have been chartered.
· Japanese · Online Really informative and interesting
· Italian · Online Luke is amazing!! He is patient and wants you to learn and get better. I'm going to keep taking Italian with him until I learn everything there is to know!!! :) Best decision ever!
· English · Online Excellent teacher!
· Italian · Online 5 star after first lesson
I have a feeling of confidence I can learn with his approach
I LIKE IT
I can be more detailed after a couple lessons ...very motivated after our first lesson
looking forward to reviewing and preparing myself for next lesson
· Italian · Online What a great start! Luke is patient, encouraging and made my initial lesson feel fun and exciting.
· Language · Online I had my first lesson with Luke today and it was absolutely wonderful! He is such a great teacher! I highly recommend him if you're considering learning a language!
· Japanese · Online Luke was Amazing! I having some knowledge of the language but yet still consider myself a beginner. I was thoroughly impressed with his command of the language and also his very easy method of making you understand. I look forward to my many lessons with Luke in the future!
· Spanish · Online Very personable and easy to talk to. Look forward to our second lesson!
· Japanese · Online Great first lesson with Luke. I appreciate that he took extra time to go over everything. Looking forward to the next one.
· Japanese · Online Great experience!! Great instructor!!
David was super happy and feels super motivated to continue!!