Kirk S. has been teaching ESL since 2010 and is currently available to teach lessons at your home, his home or online. Kirk has helped students develop their understanding of English, improve their ability to speak it in daily life and gain the confidence to achieve their goals in the English-speaking world.
Kirk has an ESL English teaching certificate from Cambridge University (CELTA) and also a Master’s degree in International Management from Portland State University. His teaching style is friendly, patient and professional.
Do you want to improve your pronunciation, vocabulary or grammar? Are you more interested in improving your skills in daily conversation? Are you an advanced learner or a beginner, a businessperson, student or homemaker? Kirk will design the lessons to fit your needs and interests, helping you reach your goals!
•Oral English courses- levels I and II for 1st and 2nd year students in various majors (30-45 students per class).
• Business English class for 3rd year English majors (35-45 students per class).
•Helped over 3000 students improve their skills and confidence in English
•Hosted English Corner language and culture activities.
• Conducted 1-on-1 classes (tutoring) for students age 6 to 60.
• Taught a wide variety of content e.g. daily conversation, Business English, grammar, vocabulary, test preparation (BEC, TOEFL, IELTS).
• Awarded "Best Teacher" of 2011.
• Hosted cultural events e.g. Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations.
• Taught Oral English courses for 2nd year students (25-30 students per class).
• Taught Introduction to British Parliamentary Debate course for 2nd year students (25-30 students per class).
• Involved in the development of the nationally recognized debate program, including work with the debate club.
Certificate of teaching English to speakers of other languages.