- Teaches students:
- Ages 18+
- Teaching since:
I love to learn and I love to teach - two sides of the same coin. I am a student of Samba, boxing, Spanish, business, and saxophone to name a few. Those are some of the things I enjoy doing in my free time. I also travel and experience different cultures and countries.
Being an avid learner improves my skills as a teacher. I am always looking for ways to improve my craft so that I can help you better.
In my career as an educator, I have taught middle school, high school, and adults. I have developed curriculum for ESL, US Citizenship, Literacy, and helped create a program for adult ESL students who want to go to college or advance their career. I am also a certified life coach and have helped adults change careers so that they do work that they love.
Let's work together so you can reach your specific goals!
• Teach rigorous multi-level ESL academic, civic, and literacy instruction to adult learners- resulted in students moving up at least one English proficiency level in 4 months – 8 months ahead of schedule.
• Developed a new ESL College and Career Pathways program and curriculum for adult learners.
• Develop and facilitate teacher trainings and coordinate EL Civics curriculum for the ESL College and Career Pathways.
• Developed a new ESL Citizenship course with a course outline, curriculum, and best practices to prepare students to obtain US Citizenship.
• Lead the Curriculum Alignment Team to align Oakland Adult School curriculum with the curriculums of nearby adult schools and the Peralta Colleges.
• Interview and hire job candidates for the Adult Education Department.
• Manage multiple sites’ registration, testing, and retention strategies.
Certified Life Coach
California Teaching Credential - English
excellent teacher! thank you for your help in English.