My name is Kat and I'm really looking forward to learning something fun with you! I consider myself a wannabe Glass Artist. I am currently working on a dinosaur quilt- completely done out of fused glass screen printed with glass powders.
I did not study Education at school, but for nearly two years i taught glass fusing and basic sewing (ages 5-93) at a great art facility (no longer in business). I have been providing private lessons since September 2014.
I have a BA in Art History from CU Boulder and a Masters in Art Museum and Gallery Studies from Newcastle University. I grew up sewing, learned to knit just over 10 years ago, and got into quilting about 4 years ago (when I got my own machine and could stop borrowing my moms.) My first experience with glass was 6 years ago and I've been hooked ever since!
I consider myself a patient, fun, and encouraging instructor. I like to cater each lesson to your individual desires and ability while being fun and challenging. Sometimes you gotta go back to basics but i try to do so in a way that encourages and exemplifies growth.
I'm located in the South Denver Metro area. I will meet at several different libraries, your home, or online!!
I hope to work with you and help you reach your artistic goals, the grander the better!!
I taught 2 hour classes 5 days a week in Glass Fusing, Machine Sewing, and Knitting
· Sewing · In home Great job all around.
· Sewing · In home Kat was fantastic! Taught me how to use my machine and get started on my project!
· Sewing · In studio She was funny, patient and kind. I loved my lesson. I learned a lot. I had the best time, learning about the sewing machine. She was very encouraging. I am excited about sewing.
· Quilting · Online Great Teacher ver helpfull and flexable with classes. Look foward to working with Kat in the near future.
· Sewing · Online She is a very good instructor.
· Knitting · In studio Kat was great! On time and a great teacher! I enjoyed my lesson with her.
· Sewing · In studio She was very informative, patient and nice. I like her! Can't wait for more lessons.
· Art History · Online Kat is a good teacher and makes the lessons fun
· Knitting · In studio She was awesome!
· Sewing · In home Kat is very flexible and listens to your problem. Great job!