- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am here to help you with all your Latin & Greek needs. I have taught anyone and everyone, from 6th grade Texans to Cambridge university undergraduates, and would love to help you.
The NTA was formed in 1992 for the purpose of establishing a membership organization for tutoring professionals. The NTA is dedicated exclusively to tutoring, and represents the interests of thousands of tutors in the U.S. and thirteen other countries, practicing in all phases of tutoring, program administration, and supplemental student services.
· Latin · Online After searching in vain for a latin tutor for our son in our neighborhood, we reluctantly turned our search to the internet. We're so glad we did. Jonathan is an excellent latin teacher! He evaluated our son's current ability level in latin and has guided him in lessons designed to address his weak areas. Our son is a good student and will work hard when challenged, but he also needs structure and guidance from his teacher. Jonathan provided both and has inspired him to pursue latin with enthusiasm. We are very grateful to have found such a wonderful tutor, and we would highly recommend Jonathan Hills to any student serious about improving his/her latin skills.
· Latin · Online Jonathan is very nice and gives me a head start on the things I need to know. I wanted to study Latin because I want to keep up my Latin from my old school in Louisville. I have made the right choice. He's a great instructor.
· Latin · In studio I cannot imagine a better Latin teacher. Prior to having Mr. Hills as a teacher my Latin education was a disaster. My previous teacher had wasted an entire year of classes and I had learned nothing. Mr. Hills not only managed to teach the year I had lost, but catch me fully up to speed and get me AP exam ready for my Junior year.
· Latin · In studio Mr. Hills was a very memorable teacher. He was always friendly and easy to have as a teacher, since he was never averse to taking the lesson in a new direction if he found that the class was interested in a specific part. Of course, he also kept us on track and made sure we learned the necessary curriculum as well. His tests and quizzes were frequent, and varied in difficulty so that you were never stressed about one but made sure to review the material for it. He did a great job teaching an AP Latin course in a school where Latin isn't always treated very seriously, and improved the student culture around it as well by founding the Latin Club. Mr. Hills was a great teacher, and I'm sorry he had to leave Summit High so soon.
· · Knowing him, I am able to say that Jonathan has a wide experience of teaching and a great depth of knowledge for his subject. Passionate, he brings a patient wisdom to his teaching and knows how both to instruct and inspire. I am more than happy to recommend him.
· AP Exam Prep · In studio I had Jonathan for two years in high school; he taught both my Latin IV and AP Latin classes. I feel obliged to credit Jonathan for bringing my interest and abilities in the Classics to levels that I could never have reached without his guidance. When I first took his class, I had some interest in Roman history and mythology as well as knowledge of basic conjugations and tenses, but I was by no means an exceptional or particularly motivated Latin student. Magister Hills changed that. His dynamic and engaging lectures, carefully prepared exercises, and thorough feedback on papers and projects changed Latin as well as Roman history from mild interests of mine to real passions. Magister Hills was always available and more than willing to help students before and after school, as well. With his help, I was able to earn a 5 on the AP Latin exam as well as an 800 on the SAT Subject Test as a junior. Prior to having Jonathan, I probably would have laughed if you told me I was capable of achieving those scores...his teaching really did transform me as a Latin student. Tomorrow I leave for college as an intended Classics major in one of the most rigorous programs in the United States. I'm confident that Jonathan's instruction has more than prepared me for the Latin course that I will take this fall semester. I wholeheartedly recommend Jonathan as an instructor to anyone interested in learning Latin or Greek.
· Language · Online Jonathan is a fantastic teacher and I learnt a huge amount from the time I spent with him. I would always highly recommend him to anyone looking to enhance their language skills and further their understanding of them.
· Language · In home Educated me in the advanced use of language in the main streams of life. Would recommened him as a tutor.
· · In studio Jonathan is an excellent teacher. He is passionate about helping people. He is very wise.
· Latin · Online Jonathan has just started teaching Latin to my 11 year old twin boys. His methods are rigorous, yet gentle. Jonathan's engaging style is exactly what we were looking for.