I have been creating stained glass since 2008 and teaching painting on glass since 2014. I teach all levels of glass painting. I have classically trained for 7 years under the direction of master Italian stained glass artists in Siena, Italy. My hard work has resulted in a unique artistic style and teaching method that positively enhances my students confidence in their glass painting.
My goal as a teacher is to share my rich knowledge of glass painting and to watch my students grow, and come into their own style as glass painters.
After your 1st lesson, you will have some pretty awesome & simple techniques under your belt. My artists advance quickly & come away with a sense of accomplishment. Lessons are scheduled to best fit to the student's schedule when possible. I am a very patient instructor and understands that each artist is unique with their own style and pace.
Materials/Tools needed for your first lesson. Please message me if you need any recommendations on where to find supplies online.
- 2oz. REUSCHE tracing black, Bistre Brown or Umber Brown. (any one of these paints are fine to start. You do not have to have all 3. Prefer lead free.)
- 1oz Gum Arabic, liquid or dry
- 3” Badger Blender brush
- 2” applicator brush
- #3 tracing brush
- 4 assorted stippling brushes, glass eyedropper, pallet knife, painting bridge (optional), glass pallet & sheet of glass
- cotton mask & latex gloves
- kiln for firing your painted glass (If you do not have a kiln, I can suggest places where you may bring your piece to be fired. Some place charge a fee, but not much depending on how large your pieces are.)
Responsible for promoting the studio through social media and website updates. USA Liaison for consultation, design, and creation of new stained glass commissions. Also involved in restoration work as well.
Weekend help with cutting, leading, soldering, restoration and cartooning.
The AGG is a non-profit organization dedicated to encouraging and promoting the creation, conservation, and history of stained, leaded and decorative glass. Our Mission is to encourage spirited debate, initiate fact-based research, and work to build an environment within our field that both cultivates novices and facilitates experienced artists and craftspeople to attain a higher level of expertise.
Golden Key is the world's largest collegiate honor society. Membership into the Society is by invitation only and applies to the top 15% of college and university sophomores, juniors and seniors, as well as top-performing graduate students in all fields of study, based solely on their academic achievements. As an international honor society with more than 400 chapters at colleges and universities around the world, Golden Key is committed to a high standard of scholastic achievement, and an ethos of integrity, innovation, respect, collaboration and diversity
· Painting · In studio I'm all thumbs and really thought I would end up with a disaster. I was so wrong. Jeanne was so patient and made sure i nailed every step before moving on to the next. Now I have a wonderful stained glass butterfly that my mom hung proudly in the kitchen window. If you want to learn stained glass I highly recommend Jeanne.
· Painting · In home Jeanne is an expert in this specialized field. Her teaching style is relaxed and low-key with a strong focus on detailed, step-by-step instruction, advice and guidance. I highly recommend her classes. They are great value for money.
· Painting · Jeanne is excellent teacher knowledgeable about several techniques on glass painting.Patient and clear.