- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+
- Teaching since:
Hi! I am an experienced language teacher who has taught both in the United States and France. My time is spent dedicated to my two passions: language education and human rights! I spend a lot of time travelling and doing outdoor sports such as rock climbing and biking!
I currently live in Paris, France where I teach French and English to university students, adolescents, adults and children. I have several years of experience in curriculum development thanks to my time directing my own language school in Paris!
Every one of my student receives a tailor-made educational experience. I firmly believe that each individual has specific needs and that education must adapt to those needs.
I look forward to meeting you!
- French Instructor for an intensive French class for beginners.
- Students progress with an A1 level and finish with a B1 CEFR level.
- Designed the CEFR action-based curriculum and the structure of the 4-hour daily / 5 week course.
- Designed 16 workshops based on the CEFR and an action-based curriculum.
- Instructor for guided-conversation classes
- Themes include business, entrepreneurship and working life
- Creation, facilitation and coordination of the CEFR action-based curriculum used in the school.
- Managed all aspects of the school: personnel, administrative, financial, logistic and marketing
- Recruited and trained 12 teachers to the schools CEFR action-based curriculum.
- Performed monthly administrative reports
- Performed monthly student progress reports.
- Developed new services and products
- Organised weekly CEFR action-based workshops
- English instructor for a private language school
- Facilitated classes of 8 students at all levels of the CEFR
- Developed curriculum materials for all levels of the CEFR
- Developed workshop materials that were based on an action-based CEFR curriculum.
- English instructor for a phonetics class
- English instructor for a guided-conversation class
- Creation of pedagogical materials used by the university
- Creation of the syllabus + curriculum development for a beginner-level French class.
- Creation of workshops that allowed students to speak French outside of class
- Winner of the "instructor of the year" award in May 2011 by my superiors and my colleagues.
Thanks to James' lessons, I was able to improve my English quickly and be more confident - just in time for my final exam at my university. I couldn't have done it without him!