- Teaches students:
- Females 14 to 85 and males 17 to 85
- Teaching since:
Looking forward to a great, fun language journey with you. Online language lessons work perfectly regardless of your location in the world. You can commit to the process and become fluent from the comfort of your home or your workplace, which is also a good reason for me to use this platform and share it with new students internationally. I am from Mexico City. Language enthusiast, in the process of learning a 5th language (German) and beginning a 6th one (Russian) at the same time. I'm based in NYC. I currently teach online in different countries. As long as we have good connection, we get very good results. If you are serious about learning Spanish and would like to acquire fluency and independence applied to your own goals, we can complete full programs, fill in grammar gaps providing language certainty and accuracy, prepare for exams, clarify doubts, among other skills through applied linguistics: an interdisciplinary field which identifies, investigates, and offers solutions to language-related real-life problems. A few references on my current work and experience below:
Mexican mezzo-soprano, Master of Music, producer and arts promoter Guadalupe Peraza is also an experienced Language Coach/Instructor. She is also an Interpreter and Cultural Consultant to educational, artistic and diplomatic institutions in NYC and Mexico. References available upon request. Institutional language work:
- Currently Faculty at the Modern Language Department (Spanish) at the Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC), City University of New York (CUNY).
- Currently Spanish instructor the Irish Ambassador to Mexico, as an employee of the Irish government. Completed Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language/Diploma de Español de Lengua Extranjera (DELE) A1 to B1, B2 and currently preparing C1 DELE exam.
- Formerly employed by the Department of Foreign Affairs of Ireland as Spanish Instructor at the Irish Consulate in NYC (2017).
- Certified Italian tutor at the Learning Resource Center, Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York
- Spanish/ Italian/ English interpreter at the New York Department of Education
- Spanish coach, dramaturg and English/Spanish supertitles operator at New York City Opera.
Upcoming training workshops:
- Teachers College, Columbia University, NYC: Continuing Professional Development workshop on research methodology, language acquisition, and/or best instructional practices.
Currently Faculty at the Modern Language Department (Spanish) at the Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC), City University of New York (CUNY).
Currently Spanish instructor to the Irish Ambassador to Mexico, as an employee of the Irish government. Completed Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language/Diploma de Español de Lengua Extranjera (DELE) A1 to B1, and currently preparing B2 DELE exam.
Formerly employed by the Department of Foreign Affairs of Ireland to complete Spanish program as Instructor to the NY Consul General of Ireland at the Irish Consulate in NYC (2017).
Certified Italian tutor, Learning Resource Center, Borough of Manhattan Community College (2014-2017).
Diction coach and Dramaturg for New York City Opera’s production of Los Elementos (2017).
Continuing Professional Dev-elopement Workshop on Mobile Language Learning and Teaching. Know- How for a smart classroom organized by the Center for International Foreign Language Teacher Education at Teachers College, Columbia University.
An American labor union that represents 8,000 current and retired opera singers, ballet and other dancers, opera directors, backstage production personnel at opera and dance companies, and figure skaters.
Guadalupe is a wonderful instructor. She has a natural flair for language and her personal experience of the mental processes involved in learning a language makes her a gifted and understanding teacher. She combines a knowledge of linguistic structures with a sympathetic approach and has a unique ability to correct while at the same time encouraging and giving confidence. I recommend her highly.+ Read More