Whether you want to begin knitting or crocheting, or already love to, there’s always something new to learn. I love all aspects of knitting and crochet - color, texture, and creation. And I love sharing all this with my students. I personally enjoy the math of it, and can help make it easy if math is not your “thing”.
Would you like to learn basic skills, hone current ones , or enhance your experience with new techniques? If you're in the middle of a project and need help, you can book a 15 time segment. Depending on the question, it can either be answered in that time frame, or a longer segment can be booked if needed.
Choose from these subjects, or tell me what you’d like to work on:
• Reading the Yarn Ball Band - Why the information on it is helpful and important
• How to use Ravelry - A knitting community full of useful information
• Fiber Math…Yes you can - How to understand gauge and yarn weights/quantities.
• How to Read and Translate Charts
• Help with a Current Project – Understanding a pattern, technique, or correcting a mistake
• Knitting Lace and Openwork Basics – How to do increases and decreases
• Bead Crochet – Crochet necklaces and bracelets with beads
• Hyperbolic Crochet – For those that love math or want to learn how to crochet curves from a flat surface (think of coral, or the edge of a curly lettuce leaf)
• Your wish list of knitting or crochet skills…
I have been teaching since 2012 and am available to teach lessons online. I learned teaching skills from some of the most loved and respected teachers in well-known stores, teaching venues, and events. I look forward to working with you to achieve your goals, and have fun while we work together. As an added bonus, I teach both right and left handed as needed. Do you need a time, place, or topic not listed here? Just ask. We can probably work something out.
Enrich your fiber crafting experience. What would you like to learn? Contact me and let’s get started!
Gilda's Club is a wonderful support environment for individuals with cancer, cancer survivors, and their caregivers. I have taught knitting and crochet here to all levels of students.
The Creative Center is a wonderful learning environment for individuals with cancer, cancer survivors, or chronic illnesses. I have taught knitting and crochet here, as well as assisted instructors with other fiber related craft classes.