Major in Foreign Languages and Master in Literature Criticism by São Paulo State University FCL-UNESP Araraquara-São Paulo-Brazil. Certified in Advanced English (CAE) by Cambridge University, 2010. As a DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) scholar, I had a B1.2 German language and culture course by Essen-Duisburg University. As a Fulbright scholar, I had an Advanced High English course by Johns Hopkins SAIS, Washington DC, as well as worked as a Portuguese tutor for 60+ Master degree candidates of International Relations. I have experience as a translator and a text editor, and also teaching English, German and Portuguese for Foreigners. I taught Portuguese as Second Language for Brazilian Ministry of Health in University of Havana Medical School for 80+ Cuban doctors selected to work in the Federal Government-Sponsored “More Doctors” (Mais Médicos) program.
● Helped primary teacher with class exercises presentation for groups of 20 students
● Helped adult students preparing for GED with homework and content of basic subjects, like
Math and Reading as an one-on-one tutor
Worked as tutor and cultural mediator for 10 Middle School level students who learn Portuguese
as heritage language
Helped primary teacher to develop activities using communicative approach
● Prepared activities and taught ESL (all levels) classes as an one-on-one tutor
● Helped elementary school students with homework of basic subjects, like Math and Reading
● Responsible for the organization of students’ and teachers’ Satisfaction Surveys, and Teacher
Debriefs Interviews for the end of the semester
● Taught Portuguese (beginner level Tourist) for groups of 10 adult Americans using communicative
● ESL teacher for the staff of a rehabilitation facility
● Groups of elementary and intermediate level of English with 10-15 Spanish speaking students,
immigrants from Latin American countries (Colombia, El Salvador)
● Developed curriculum for São Paulo Statesponsored English distance learning program, designed
to promote tourism and economic development. Taught courses in English and provided one-on-one
tutoring to students.
● Analyzed attendance data and proposed solutions to increase course completion rate
● Taught German, Portuguese (at beginner level) and English (all levels) classes as a tutor and a
● Groups of 3-5 undergraduatelevel students at private language schools
The American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) is dedicated to the improvement and expansion of the teaching and learning of all languages at all levels of instruction. ACTFL is an individual membership organization of more than 12,000 language educators, students, and administrators.