- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I taught Vietnamese language and culture to foreigners, English and Vietnamese to Vietnamese adults and students in Vietnam for 30 years before arriving in the United States in 2008. Then, I continued to instruct Vietnamese language and culture to Americans in Virginia and Washington DC.
I got an Associate degree in Pedagogy in Vietnam in 1977. I also was trained how to instruct U.S diplomats at Foreign Service Institute (FSI) and officers from Defense Language Institute (DLI). I have had enough calm and patience to deal with hard teaching conditions.
I received awards from The Department of State (FSI) and School of Language Studies (FSI) in 2014 and 2015.
Taught Vietnamese language and culture to U.S diplomats and professionals business.
Composed Vietnamese Sounds System, Vietnamese grammar and structures, Reading and Speaking lessons at all levels.
Trained U.S diplomats and professionals business to pronounce, speak, read, write, and understand Vietnamese language and culture.
Be able to use both Northern and Southern Vietnamese accents to teach.
Conducted field trips for them to visit local Vietnamese communities.
· Vietnamese · Online
· Vietnamese · Online Mr. Chau was very patient and kind, especially in teaching the word pronunciations that take practice for new learners. He was able to tailor his lessons to my goals of learning basic conversational skills for an upcoming trip. I feel like I can greet people, navigate, and order in restaurants. I highly recommend.
· Vietnamese · Online
· Vietnamese · Online
· Vietnamese · In studio I was a student in Mr. Chau Nguyen’s beginner Vietnamese class. Trying to speak a new language can be embarrassing, but Mr. Nguyen created an encouraging atmosphere and was very patient. He gives ample opportunity for students to ask questions and provides thorough explanations. Mr. Nguyen did a great job of breaking down the lessons in manageable segments that were appropriately challenging. He also used various teaching techniques so that each class was fresh and unpredictable.
I put in the time to complete the homework and review the vocabulary and sentence structures that we'd covered each week. After a handful of classes, I went from practically zero language ability (aside from a few food terms) to being able to articulate some simple questions and answers in Vietnamese. I looked forward to attending the classes and found them to be rewarding.
· Vietnamese · In studio Mr Nguyen's course teaching introductory Tieng Viet to non native speakers is a very good course which demands close attention from students, but is a well built and practiced class to show people how to learn the language. It is far more useful than any RosettaStone course or online class, as Thay Giao Chau takes very good care to show how the language is structured, and with practice how you recognize the patterns in speech. Are you asking a question? Are you asking a 'leading question'? Do you want to know what a person is doing? All of these points are discussed. Even when I was not feeling as healthy as I could have been, Mr Nguyen's class is structured to be very participatory - don't think you will show up and not have to answer questions - and it is for this reason I believe the retention of the material is improved. I would commend anyone who is a non native Vietnamese speaker to work with him to learn how to learn the language. -Best, Anh Marc S.
· Vietnamese · In studio Mr Chau was extremely patient with me as a student while providing the challenge I needed to excel. He understands and can explain the similarities and differences in words between regions and the differences in pronunciation. He understands the topics that need to be reinforced and has given the direction I needed to solve the very complex Vietnamese sentence structure. Very highly recommended.
· Vietnamese · Online He's very friendly and motivating!
· Vietnamese · In studio Anh (Mr.) Chau is a great instructor. He leverages his 30 plus years of experience and huge collection of lessons to custom tailor a study plan to match the unique needs of the student. If you're serious about learning Vietnamese and willing to put in thr work, he will help you meet your goals.
· Vietnamese · I have had three Vietnamese teachers in the past year and Chau is definitely the most professional and organized. He has 30 years of experience as a Vietnamese/French/English teacher in Saigon and has taught Vietnamese to numerous US government employees (including myself) since moving to the US. He tailors each lesson to my needs and has his own personal repository of detailed lessons (i.e. topics like relations/actions in the South China Sea, diplomatic issues, government corruption, environmental pollution, etc). He can speak/teach using either a northern or southern accent as well. He also understands the origin of words, can explain variations in the language over time and between regions, and probably has a better understanding of English grammatical structure than I do. He is an excellent teacher that pushes me to improve every lesson.