- Levels Taught:
- Elementary, Middle School, High School, College
- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
- January 2004
I am a graduate student in Language and Literature at the University of Chicago. Still, I have a wealth of experience in the classroom and in after-school programs. I have been a tutor for over ten years and have taught a wide variety of subjects to an array of different students.
-Teach lessons to students of all ages in a variety of subjects
-Create customized lesson plans
-Set academic goals with parents, teachers and students
-Facilitate communication between parents and teachers
-Create customized exercises and worksheets for extra practice
• Oversee four mentoring programs located around Metropolitan Chicago
• Plan and implement quality programming for both adult mentors and child mentees (ages 8-14)
• Coordinated an evidence-based and results-driven program that encouraged social-emotional health
• Work with parents, volunteers, children, and youth or corporate partners to coordinate and evaluate the program
• Compile end of year reports and budgets for each program
• Responsible for recruiting, interviewing and assessing adult volunteers and child mentees
• Incorporated the arts into program planning to encourage social-emotional growth
• Supported the mentors and mentees through monthly contacts and contact notes
• Oversee after-school program at East Aurora High School (EAHS): responsible for curriculum development and lesson planning
• Implemented lessons that were in accordance to Common Core standards and the evidence collected for data entry
• Recruited 40-50 high school students
• Managed and recruited a staff of 3 and 1 intern
• Responsible for data entry for both PREP and Teen REACH grants
• Wrote reports, assessments, and budgets for both PREP and Teen REACH grants
• Organized an advisory board comprised of EAHS staff, faculty, parents and participants
• Teach weekly Spanish and Italian classes to pre-school students
• Create lesson plans based on skill and grade-level
• Communicate with parents to update them on their child's weekly progress through email and occasional parent/teacher conference
versaw evidence-based after-school programs at three underprivileged middle schools around Rockbridge County, VA
• Recruited new college-aged volunteers every year through word of mouth, email and printed publicity
• Managed 7-12 volunteers per school by contacting them every week with lesson plans, scheduling reminders, carpools and feedback from the volunteer coordinator, the students and the administration
• Evaluated each volunteer monthly.
• Acted as a liaison between the schools and the administration by reporting results back to the county every month
• Used data and evidence to develop the programs and curricula
The Phi Beta Kappa Society celebrates and advocates excellence in the liberal arts and sciences. Its campus chapters invite for induction the most outstanding arts and sciences students at America’s leading colleges and universities. The Society sponsors activities to advance these studies — the humanities, the social sciences, and the natural sciences — in higher education and in society at large.+ Read More
Sigma Tau Delta, International English Honor Society, was founded in 1924 at Dakota Wesleyan University. The Society strives to Confer distinction for high achievement in English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies; Provide, through its local chapters, cultural stimulation on college campuses and promote interest in literature and the English language in surrounding communities; Foster all aspects of the discipline of English, including literature, language, and writing; Promote exemplary character and good fellowship among its members; Exhibit high standards of academic excellence; and Serve society by fostering literacy.+ Read More
Celeste was awesome during our first session!! Can't wait for the next one, she was super helpful & I definitely recommend her!
Highly recommend Celeste. My son said that he had fun learning which he hasn't really said before. He is excited about his next lesson.
Celeste is very easy to work with and we got a lot done. I really enjoyed having lessons with her.
Great tutor. Organized, proactive. Very patient and fun with my 15 yr old son. Best tutor we have ever had.
Celeste is very patient and willing to work on problem areas tailored to the student. I look forward to working with her and building skills I can use for a lifetime.
Very patient and excellent skills!
I had lots of fun with her and she is pretty good Spanish teacher
Very productive lesson! I'm looking forward to many more.
Celeste has been tutoring my son for 3 years. She is wonderful with kids. Her knowledge in all subjects exceeded my expectations! We started with one subject and now expanded to all subjects. Celeste is the perfect tutor!!!!!!