- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
Hello Future Student!
Hola Estudiante Futuro!
My passion for learning extends way beyond the classroom and textbooks. As an avid community and professional leader, I am capable of teaching effective leadership qualities and communication skills to empower learners to achieve not only their educational goals, but also their personal and professional aspirations. I love to learn and teach others through effective methods appropriate for every learning style. By creating relatable experiences through my tutoring sessions, I am able to promote higher levels of creative thinking and increase information retention amongst my students.
Professionally, I have seven years of experience working in institutions of higher learning. My most recent position as an English Instructor led me to Costa Rica where I spent two years teaching History, Geography, Language Arts and English as a Foreign Language to elementary and high school students. As a fluent Spanish/English speaker, I have been teaching Spanish in my spare time to both children and adults alike. Working in higher education, I have lead study group and tutoring sessions for college-aged students. I have also facilitated training sessions for employees in my professional career experience.
In 2010 I received my Bachelor of Science in Business Administration-Marketing, with an emphasis in Promotions and Marketing Communication from Northern Arizona University. Following this, I graduated from the University of Phoenix in 2014 with a Master of Business Administration Management. In addition, I have 18 credit hours of formal Spanish education and received a certificate to teach English as a Foreign Language from Costa Rica TEFL in 2015.
• Planned, created and delivered engaging lessons in English and Spanish languages with clear objectives to a range of learning styles and age groups focused on Montessori, IELTS and TESOL standards.
• Led implementation of school-wide assessment standardization in accordance with MEP regulations. Prepared detailed reports of methodologies for inspection visits and other quality assurance exercises.
• Recognized for executing a new system of individualized education management plans to assess student readiness–minimizing achievement gaps by 35% and increasing student performance by 40%.
• Cultivated relationships with international organizations to increase market exposure. Led training sessions related to classroom management and serve as a mentor to the development of new teachers.
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages