- Teaches students:
- and Ages 5 to 80
- Teaching since:
I have always been a self-studier in my entire life. Being able to learn with just books and your brain is a crucial skill to have! However, I know not everyone (and sometimes even myself) have the discipline and motivation to keep going during hard times. This is where a tutor would come in handy.
I enjoy tutoring and helping other overcome problems that I have encountered myself because it enhances my own understanding and makes me happy that my self-studying is helping others. Sometimes, my students even bring up alternative ways of thinking that I have never thought of before!
Aside from academics, I enjoy playing the piano. I also play the occasional volleyball and kickball.
● Improve the low-latency trading platform for handling market data and order entry for various exchanges
● Assist traders in modeling and increasing their profitability and implementing new features upon their requests
● Applied anomaly detection techniques on network data to find possible intrusions and malicious traffic.
● Prototyped real-time machine learning/computer vision algorithms allowing autonomous mining vehicles to detect and classify obstacles.
o Developed road detection algorithms on rough surfaces based on 3D LiDAR point clouds.
o Implemented pattern recognition methods to classify obstacles based on image features (VFH).
● Tutored calculus, biology, computer science, and chemistry for newly immigrated high school students.
● Used both English and Mandarin Chinese to ensure that students fully understand the topics.
Bill is superb at making difficult concepts easy! One particular problem I always had trouble understanding is calculating volume of revolutions using the cylindrical method. He drew a diagram explaining intuitively why the formula worked and it just clicked.+ Read More