Hello! Привет! My name is Anastasia. I am from Ukraine, though I live in America now.
I have been teaching both English and Russian since 2005.
I believe learning new languages is fun, exciting, and life changing! That's why I enjoy every single class.
Let's learn together!
Teaching adults Russian!
Teaching English as a second language to adults.
Teaching English to students around the world via Skype.
Teaching American Peace Corps Volunteers how to assimilate and adapt to teaching and life in Ukraine.
Teaching English as a second language to secondary students.
150 hour course focused on how to teach English as a foreign language
· Russian · Online I really enjoyed my lesson and I am looking forward to the next one.
· Russian · In home Excellent teacher. I learn a lot each time, and it's fun.
· English · Online Outstanding
· Russian · Online Anastasia has patience and dedication, I am very pleased she is my teacher.
· Russian · In home She takes time to teach me hard concepts and is patient with my learning abilities.
· Russian · In home Nastya is very friendly and always well-prepared. She does a great job listening to our needs and coming up with a variety of interesting activities to help us learn. I definitely recommend her!
· English · Online Anastasia was my English tutor during 1,5 years. It was excited to learn English under her supervision. I significantly improved my English skills. Now I speak faster, read and understand English speech better. Anastasia is a very good teacher, she planned our lessons to meet my demands to practice my English. She also concentrated on my mistakes and explained what was wrong and how it should be fixed. She planned our lessons to fix these mistakes.
Anastasia was flexible enough to change our schedule upon my requests (many times I asked her to move a date / time of a lesson due to my long working hours). She is also flexible to change the topics / directions of our lessons. For example, Anastasia was open to help me to prepare for job interview (where my English might be checked). She checked also my cover letters (and other documents) many times.
Anastasia is almost always on-line. She is always ready to help and support her student any time if he has any question or request. And I use this opportunity even now when I’m not her student.
Furthermore Anastasia is a really nice person, she has a very good sense of humor and we had a fun during the lessons. It was easy to talk with her about any news or topic, we shared our opinions or thoughts about many things. So the lessons were really interesting.
Now she is in the US where she lives among Americans and I’m sure she enhanced her knowledge and her English skills are better now.
I strongly recommend Anastasia as a tutor. You will improve your English, and the lessons will be interesting.
· English · Online Anastasia is a great teacher and, that is even more important, a great person! For me, it was always a pleasure to have classes with her, because after them I felt myself really cheered up, encouraged and full of energy. Believe me, I know what I am writing about, as we worked together on improving my English for almost 1.5 years.
Firstly, despite our classes were conducted via a Skype platform, I really never felt the lack of live interaction due to Anastasia's full commitment to the study process. For example, when I suddenly decided to take TOEFL exam, she quite quickly reconstruct our lesson structure to cover all 4 sections of the exam. Anastasia demonstrated her genuine interest in helping me to get a high score by finding different sources of preparation, working on the strategy and offering me a lot of hints to pass TOEFL with a good score. I received 98 points, and I convinced that I could get 7-10 points more, if I would have been more concentrated on preparation to the exam.
Secondly, during our classes we shared our opinions on very different matters, and I looked on many life aspects from another , sometimes the opposite, angle, which is good in my opinion.
As for the main purpose of taking the classes, I really have improved my English. We have covered all main areas of the language: grammar (this one was a big issue for me, and although it is not perfect now, the progress was impressive), idioms and phrasal verbs, speaking, etc. All of these significantly improved my chances to land a job offer I dreamed of - a position at a top investment bank. After going through a rigorous interview process in English, I signed a contract with an American investment bank. On a daily basis, I used English in communication with colleagues from other countries' offices, with current and prospective clients and with help desk service representatives.
To conclude my recommendation, I definitely can call Anastasia as one of the best teachers I ever had. For those who want to find an excellent tutor, a bright and interesting interlocutor and a good friend, Anastasia should be the first person to get in touch with!