Hi, there! My name is Ana and I can't wait to meet you! I've been teaching Spanish since 2007 and have loved helping my students to reach their goals whether that was getting ready for a test, learning their ancestors language or getting fluent for their next job destination. I went to San Diego State University and earned a Master's program in Spanish linguistics. I also pursued a second Masters in Spain (my home country) in Teaching Spanish as a Second Language. I'm a motivated and dynamic teacher who has learnt that all students can learn a second language if they are challenged and encouraged. I look forward to helping you reach your goals!
I was teaching courses in all levels and also conversation and culture courses.
As a lecturer I had different tasks. Of course, I was in charge of different Spanish courses (I covered all levels and also some Spanish culture sections), but I was also in charge of arranging the Spanish coffee hour every week and I was part of the instructors team responsible for evaluating the proficiency tests.
During my two years as a Master's student I had the opportunity to teach two Spanish courses every semester. I taught courses in different levels. In the lower levels I worked with colleagues to prepare everything included in the syllabus and in higher levels I had certain freedom to create material and I really enjoyed the challenge.
· Spanish · In home Ana is a very enthusiastic teacher. She has a lot of humor and ensures that the lessons are never boring. She uses different methods besides the reader to learn the language faster. She is very motivated and patient and ensures in a fun way for you to be inspired to work harder, making it easier to learn the language. If you want a good teacher, choose Ana. She's great!
· Spanish · In studio Ana teaches our small group of students. She brings a lot of enthusiasm into the class. Her lessons are never the same; apart from the book she uses different methods like games, role plays, quizzes, songs, videos etcetera. She makes sure to involve all students equally. She is a very dedicated teacher and brings a personal touch to the lessons as well. For me Ana makes learning Spanish not feel like an effort, but a fun experience. I would definitely recommend her as a teacher!
· Spanish · Online I can only agree with all the other reviews. Ana has a great attitude during the lessons and the material she designs make the learning process fun and easy to digest the hardest grammar concepts. I would definitely give her an A+
· Spanish · Online I am an adult student looking to build on the few basics of Spanish learned via RosettaStone and become language proficient. Ana did a great job in assessing my level of knowledge and developing a program that best met my needs. She is very personable, with a great sense of humor and a pleasure to work with. She is very patient and provides the help needed when I run into difficulties, but also provides the encouragement and discipline needed to keep me on track. I highly recommend Ana for anyone looking to develop their Spanish language skills.
· Spanish · Online Great job she did with the time we had.
· Spanish · Online Ana recommended some excellent Spanish books which I'm working through. She's excellent at answering my questions and clarifying concepts presented in the texts such as those concerning the usage of certain Spanish words. Ana has also provided excellent supplementary material to that presented in the Spanish text books. I enjoy working with Ana and I'm making great progress toward becoming bilingual.
· Spanish · Online Ana does a great job with preparation and starting dialogue. In addition she explains questions very well and I really enjoy my classes with her. I actually look forward to them! Thank Ana for your help.
· Spanish · Online Ana is an exceptional teacher. I began studying Spanish with Ana 11 months ago, and the experience has been beneficial and wonderful. As a business development executive handling Latin America, her lessons have enabled me to more effectively communicate with my clients in their native language. Ana is organized, structured and prepared for each and every class; while being flexible enough to work with me on a rather crazy schedule. Ana tailors her lessons based upon my progress. I was initially skeptical of classes conducted on Skype, but her effectiveness and the convenience of having class at home or the office has made the experience quite agreeable. I highly recommend Ana to anyone who has a desire to learn Spanish.
· Spanish · Online Ana is very prepared and puts together a great lesson plan for each week. She adjusts the lessons based on how you are progressing. I strongly recommend her.
· Spanish · Online Ana is superb teacher. I have taken classes with her for a few months by now and she is always very well prepared, on time, and flexible to address any questions. She also tailors the lessons based on my needs and she is a motivating and patient teacher. She uses a great variety of learning materials for her lessons and exercises, which makes it fun to learn Spanish! I would highly recommend her to anyone who would like to learn Spanish!