- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
• Russian native speaker
• Professional proficiency in English and German
• Familiar with Romanian and Turkish language
• Experienced instructor
• Able to plan and organize a classroom curriculum
• Able to communicate and coordinate with a wide range of individuals
Hello, my name is Valentina. I'm a Russian and German teacher.
I specialize in teaching German at the High School level. I earned a Bachelor’s degree in German and spent a year working and studying in Munich, Germany. I then found work in a private school and instructed over one hundred students. I have since continued tutoring individually specializing with online lessons.
My goal is to improve my students’ language skill through conversation and I push my students to speak German from the first lesson. I believe this helps students gain fluency and lose their fear of making mistakes while speaking. No one can be perfect in a month but the student needs to be comfortable enough with grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation so that they can communicate in German and improve through conversation and dialog.
My youngest students were 6 years old and I have also taught older students. I enjoy working with children and am fascinated by how quickly young students can learn and grasp languages. Especially when learning is incorporated in a game where a student can passively learn to use new vocabulary as a tool to win a game among others. I am very grateful for all my students and the wide variety of experiences that I have had interacting with them.
I am an experienced language teacher. My experience is teaching German as a second or third language to Russian and Romanian speakers, but since I am a native Russian speaker I can use what I have learned teaching German to teach Russian.
My teaching philosophy is to learn through practice. Everyone makes mistakes and part of learning a new language is overcoming the fear of making mistakes and being willing to work through errors to convey an idea or thought. People learn a language best when they use it as a tool to achieve a goal.
Recently I started teaching Russian to English speakers using the book" The Voices" and also I have practice teaching Russian to German-speaking children.
I am a native Russian speaker and I have studied Russian since elementary school. I graduated from Chishinau university, where 40% of the courses are taught in Russian including Russian grammar and literature. I have taught private courses as a German teacher, to Russian speakers, and therefore I have experience explaining Russian grammar and conversation. I have a deep appreciation for Russia’s literary heritage and am constantly reading classic Russian texts.
I have experience teaching online Russian language to English students. My materials are adapted to English speakers and my beginner students are excited and able to engage in Russian small talk within 6-8 lessons. My lessons are efficient, well planned and productive.
I’ll teach you spelling and grammar rules, I’ll extend you vocabulary and we will always be practicing and reviewing previously learned the material. I help encourage my students to study Russian. With me, you will smoothly move from a beginner to more advanced. I create a low stress and efficient learning environment.
I enjoy working with children but also find it rewarding to work with motivated adults. I am looking forward to working with you.
***24-hour cancellation/rescheduling notice required***
• Instructed over one hundred students in private German courses.
• Routinely exceeded student retention expectations. In a period of 8 months, my efforts doubled the number of students enrolled in the German language program, through my professional and effective teaching.
• Able to adapt to student feedback creating a continually improving learning environment
· German · Online She is informative and very patient
· German · Online very nice teacher~
· German · Online
· Russian · Online Valentina was an excellent instructor for my first Russian lesson! She is professional, knowledgeable, patient, and very helpful. I am looking forward to future lessons.
· German · Online looking forward to the next lesson.
· German · Online She was patient and great, especially since I was late to start the session.
· German · Online We are having lessons from Valentina for my 11 years old son . Now he finished the first level , and we are very happy so far . Valentina is always on time, never skip a lesson, and she " teaches easily and she has supporting materials , and most important she has a plan and strictly follows her plan for lessons" ("" from my son). Just yesterday he was able to answer a question asked in German , with German . Learning a language is a long and difficult way to go and so far we are very happy to guidance of Valentina. I strongly recommend her...
· German · Online
· Russian · Online Of all the teachers I've had throughout the years, in high school and college, Valentina is one of the best! She not only knows her stuff, she knows how to teach it so that someone who knows nothing learns it very well. I'm learning Russian, a very difficult language. But Valentina is patient, very encouraging, giving positive feedback as much as critique. I would recommend her to anyone who wants to learn a new language!
· Russian · Online that was fun! I was pleasantly surprised by how much we covered in one hour, can't wait until next week! I love that she gave me exercises to do at home in between lessons, that way I can remember and practice what I learned today for next lesson.