- Teaches students:
- Ages 10+
- Teaching since:
I have been creating art his whole life. Eventually that passion led to my Bachelors Degree (B.F.A.) in Fine Art. Now, I want to pass on what he learned – and the love of learning – to you!
I have experience as a substitute art teacher in one of the most sought after public school districts in Wisconsin. This teaching experience led to the establishment of my own studio as a working and teaching space.
Since 2000, I have been a professional artist working as a painter and web designer/developer. My paintings can be found on the walls one of the largest universities in the United States, University of Wisconsin, Madison.
My work is also widely collected by hospitals, clinics, the Department of Defense and a nationwide audience of private patrons.
What sets me apart from other studio art teachers is that I am a practicing, professional artist and designer who also happens to really enjoy passing along all that he has learned to others.
Toadhouse was born with a vision for excellence. I have always had a passion for great design and its ability to improve my clients success in their business or organization. I have walked with clients who had absolutely no public face, and partnered with them to prominence in their markets. My proudest moments are when feedback has come in praising the visual appeal and quality of the communication design leading to a final call to action.
Toadhouse Studios LLC creates print and digital solutions for marketing and visual communications challenges so entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations like yours stand above your competitors, attract customers and improve your bottom line.
My fine arts degree enabled me to begin my career as an illustrator. But it turns out, my paintings were more successful than my illustrations and so I became a professional artist. I have continued that work full-time and part time since 2000.
I currently work in my dedicated studio to create original oil paintings. But I sometimes also draw or use other mediums such as India Ink or watercolors.
K-6 art instruction: lesson planning, drawing, painting, composition, color theory, art history.
- Execute lesson plan of regular teacher.
- Expose and teach visual art to middle and high school students including painting, sculpture, drawing, etc.
- Develop a trusting and good rapport with students.
- Maintain a respectful and safe classroom in order to optimize receptivity of instruction.
- Leverage memories of personal high school experiences to make emotional connections with students to facilitate learning.
- Keep classroom calm and peaceful by respectfully establishing boundaries. * Lead students through projects by clearly identifying goals and expectations.
- Enable better learning through interaction with students concurrent with class time by walking around to tables and desks for more one-on-one communication.
- Collaborate with school staff to manage unforeseen obstacles.
- Overcome resistance of outliers by intentionally including them in the team. * Support teams of teachers and staff to complete tasks at end of day.
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships to build trust and support.