Males 0Males 0 and up
My name is Mya and I am a very patient instructor and understand that students learn at a different pace, after all everyone is an individual!
I am currently available to teach at my studio. Availability changes every week and please contact me for availability.
I received my degree in Geology from Yangon University in Yangon, Burma in 1993. After I moved to New York City in 2005, I earned a M.A. (Geology) from The City College of New York in 2010. I learned crocheting and sewing from my mother. I also took a bauble, bangle and bead string class, Draping I and II classes, and pattern making I and II classes from Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City.
I’ve been teaching private sewing lesson (since 1998), beading and pearl knotting lesson (since 2009), and Burmese language (since 2014) and I have loved helping my students.
Although trained in standard teaching methods, I developed my own method to fulfill my students’ needs.
I am looking forward to helping new students to achieve their goals!
• Designing and making unique jewelry using different techniques in beading, stringing, wire wrapping, wire crocheting
• Working directly with customers to convert their ideas into an attractive design
• Writing product descriptions, shooting and editing photos for online store on Etsy
• Organizing products and preparing shipment for online sale
• Teach an adult language training on an as-needed, one-on-one basis
• Utilize innovative methodologies to ensure an individualized learning experience
• Integrate native cultural knowledge as part of language curriculum
• Assisted students in the computer class room
• Performed basic administrative tasks such as photocopying and student-work displays
• Prepared classroom and support materials, and activities
• Assisted supervisor in cataloging books, e-books and DVDs
• Performed bibliographic maintenance, holding updates and item transfers
• Prepared library materials for shipment and received returned material
• Sorted and counted diamond for customer orders
• Prepared diamond and fine jewelry for shipment
• Handled inventory and stocks
• Discussed the client's requirements
• Gave advice on which combination of fabrics and patterns may give the best results
• Took measurements
• Adapted an existing pattern, or producing a new pattern for the client
• Used the pattern to cut out the fabric pieces
• Sewed the fabric pieces together for a fitting
• Fitted the garment and making adjustments to create a perfect fit
• Instructed how to sew and how to make a dress
• Managed export process and supervised administrative staff
• Supervise efficient working of all external agents such as freight forwarders and the Internal Revenue agents
• Oversees the completion of paperwork and monetary transactions associated with international shipment
• Ensured availability of merchandise, maintaining inventories and formulates pricing policies
• Negotiated with customers and suppliers
· Sewing · In home My first class with Mya Mya was excellent. I had taken a class prior to this and was not feeling confident about my abilities until I met Mya Mya. If you're thinking about sewing and need help. I would encourage you to meet with an instructor first one-on-one before taking a class or online training. The instructor and can help guide you better. I'm so glad I learned about this instructor. You will not be disappointed.
· Sewing · In studio Mya is a wonderful teacher and very patient with her students. My 10 year old daughter just started taking lessons with her and she loves it. Mya is exactly what I was looking for in a teacher for her!
· Sewing · In home She is patient and such an awesome insructor!
· Sewing · In studio Mya is very patient with novice learners. Both my 12 year old daughter and I have attended class and we both walk away learning new things each time!
Mya has also been very accommodating with my schedule, allowing me the flexibility to adjust my lesson time on several occasions. She has a dedicated space to give lessons that is open and welcoming!
I definitely recommend Mya. I look forward to continuing my lessons with her.
· Beading · In studio Mya is very knowledgeable and patient. She will work with you on any projects you have.
· Sewing · In studio Xclnt, easy to work with. Very fun experience, can't wait until the next lesson.
· Sewing · In home Mya is a very good instructor. She was very patient and gave a lot of good tips. I enjoyed my first lesson. I look forward to my future lessons
· Sewing · In home The session was wonderful
I am learning how to sew home decor items and upholstery
· Sewing · In studio Enjoyable first lesson! Very comfortable working environment and lovely teacher.
· Sewing · In studio Mya was GREAT! After today's lesson, I'm looking forward to the next one. Mya was patient and hands on.