I am located in Los Angeles for in-person lessons , BUT I teach online via Skype all over the U.S. Please indicate the type of lessons + subject you would like to learn when you contact me. Thanks!
I am a former Fashion Institute of Technology (F.I.T.) Professor, teaching sewing and fashion art, and in the fashion industry for over 16 years. I have worked at Target Stores, Federated Dept. stores, and Alexander McQueen, and have a very close working knowledge of industry standards and needs. I facilitate students and fashion companies in the following areas:
-Illustration (computer or-hand-rendered)
- Fashion Portfolio Preparation.
- Hand Embroidery (I do not operate Embroidery Machines)
- Graphic Design (working in Adobe Creative Suite- Illustrator and Photoshop: which is a great software program to help students to create more dynamic portfolios, or complete a graphic design project. )
- Consulting on how to produce your own clothing/accessories collection.
- Consulting on how to source and produce your Domestic and Overseas collection.
- How to create line sheets.
- How to create technical packets.
- How to create digital art for screenprinting.
-Computer Assistance for BEGINNERS- Learning to use the Computer, Basic Skills in MS Office, using the Web. etc.
1.) You will have to have all your materials and most of your tools: sewing machine, computer with all installed programs or services, patternmaking tools and paper, fabrics, etc. I will bring some small materials to our first session to explain what tools to purchase.
2.) You must make yourself available for one 15 minute phone consult before scheduling your first lesson- please plan to do this at least one week to 2 days before you want to schedule your first lesson. We will discuss your lesson goals, and what materials to buy. You do need to allow time to purchase your materials, so please plan ahead. When you purchase your lessons, please email me a time and date (or several) to schedule this phone call.
Please schedule directly with me VIA EMAIL. I do have my general availability listed on schedule for everyday, However, I work with many students and teach classes that might not be reflected in this schedule. I will try my best to honor the time you request, but I cannot guarantee it. Please email me to confirm- I will also reach out to you via phone to confirm or reschedule a time if there is a conflict.
- 24 hour cancellation policy/ no refunds given after this time.
- All sessions are a 1 hour minimum. Recommended time for sewing lessons is 1.5 - 2 hr increments.
New York, Detroit, Miami
- A fashion studio servicing clients with private tutoring, group classes, and lectures in sewing, fashion illustration and portfolio instruction.
- Design consulting services for clients in need of technical design support and planning, first sample construction, production expertise.
- Hosting fashion workshops and lectures at various colleges, community centers and high schools.
Designer, Clothing and Accessories Collection
- Worn exclusively by Oscar award winning actress Sharon Stone, and actress Sarah Jessica Parker
- Collection is exclusively featured in international trunk shows and national art shows.
- Collection has been featured in press ((Daily Candy Miami, Miami.com and The Miami Herald) multiple fashion blogs (The Fashion Poet, and The Wordy Girl) and the magazines Sportswear International, Urban Latino, Plaztik, Uppers& Downers,TimeOUT NY
-Created and produced a collection sold exclusively to New York boutiques, Loisaida, NYC, Forward, NYC, Wake , NYC and Goldie in Miami.
Nov 2003 “Mini’s First Time” Los Angeles, California
Contributing Designer, Trigger Street Productions
-Designed and constructed (5) custom looks for several title characters in the feature film
-Dressed title character, “Mini” played by Nikki Reed; film also stars Alec Baldwin, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jeff Goldblum and Luke Wilson
Sept 2005 Emmy Awards Los Angeles, California
Designer of custom apparel for Jennifer Lyons, reality star from Survivor: Palau
-Designed a custom couture evening gown to be worn by the actress to the awards ceremony
- Creation, management and teaching of the school’s fashion design program and curriculum.
- Teaching is tailored to the many aspects of design; Art and garment instruction, patternmaking, as well as marketing and sales.
- Instruction on fashion art curriculum: hand rendering, model sketching, computer fashion illustration, & upper-division portfolio development.
March-June 2006 Tricorne Costume House New York, NY
Pattern and Sample Technician, for large-scale New York City & Internationally Touring Broadway productions
- Intricate Construction, Sewing and Patternmaking for production of Wicked, The Color Purple, Legally Blonde, etc.
Feb 2007-March 2007 “BFF” Daryl Roth Theater New York, NY
Costume Supervisor for W.E.T. (Women’s Expressive Theater)
-Supervision of wardrobe worn by the cast for the entire run of the production
-Assisting costume designer to determine the look of the show.
-Solely responsible for costume repair, shopping and maintenance.
July 2006 Eighth International Lithuanian Song Festival Chicago, Illinois
Costume Designer, The American Lithuanian Music Association
-Design and domestic production of 1,500 costumes for the day-long festival.
-Showcased three separate looks for children, men and women.
-Created and produced a collection sold exclusively to all Capezio retail outlets, international dance stores, and exclusive dance conventions (The Pulse, NYCDA, Star Systems, etc.)
-Collection was featured in the magazines Elle & Glamour , and on theTV shows “Making the Band” and “So You Think You Can Dance”:
-Created and constructed all designs worn exclusively by famed celebrity choreographers featured on “So You Think You Can Dance”: Mia Michaels (Celine Dion, Janet Jackson, Cirque Du Soliel) Brian Friedman (Britney Spears, N’Sync) Shane Sparks (High School Musical), etc.
Verified Student · Adobe Photoshop · In home
Verified Student · Adobe Photoshop · Online
Verified Student · Sewing · In home
Verified Student · Adobe Photoshop · In studio
· Sewing · Online
Verified Student · Fashion Design · Online
Verified Student · Sewing · Online
Verified Student · Fashion Design · Online
Daphne from Washington State.
· Adobe Photoshop · In home
· Microsoft Word · In home