Hi there, I'm Lauren! I am a Berkeley graduate who completed a BA with honors in Classics and Art History. I'm currently studying fashion design. My greatest passions are sewing, English, and history. I first started sewing when I was thirteen and never stopped to look back! Since then I have sewn many types and styles of modern clothes. Additionally, I have extensive experience in historical fashions and historical sewing techniques! I've worked with all fabric types as well as drafting and flat patterning. My projects range from simple pillow cases to complicated Victorian corsets from scratch. With past projects featuring embroidery, cross stitching, cording, and other decorative elements, I believe I can help you to better understand and explore the world of sewing!
I specialize in helping absolute beginners to learn how to sew! Please note that I am not a quilter, and my focus is in clothing, home goods (curtains, pillows, etc.), and the like.
Please send me a quick message if you're interested in taking lessons to see if we can schedule the perfect lesson for you!!
· Sewing · In studio Lauren is awesome. Not only was I comfortable, she did work with me and we cover a lot on the first day. I can't wait to start practicing at home. Next class will be even more awesome. I'm glad I have her for a teacher. I know I'm going to learn a lot from her. Thanks you for an excellent first day Lauren.
· Sewing · In studio Lauren teaches in detail with a very gentle spirit. For so little time she taught much and was very efficient. There was no doubt from the first moments that she is not only skilled and knowledgeable but she knows how to convey those skills and knowledge. I find that not everyone really skilled is able to teach. This was not the case with Lauren, I found her teaching came with ease, I didn't realize how much I had picked up from her until I returned home. Not only did she teach but she somehow quietly instilled a bit of confidence in me that has caused me to put off taking sewing lessons for years. I am actually looking forward to practicing using my machine for the first time ever. I look forward to my future lessons with her.
· Sewing · In studio Learning how to sew, and also some embroidery, I feel that Lauren makes it easy to learn, she is very knowledgable and patient. She is flexible on what you want to make and helps you to create it. It is fun to learn a practical and creative skill like sewing. I am so glad I am finally able to sew!
· Sewing · In home I was so impressed with Lauren! I am at a very beginning level and she made me feel very comfortable as we focused on the machine mechanics and threading the needle. I misplaced the power card so we went over my user guide and her reference sheet and she answered all my,questions. I am very excited for the next lesson.
· Sewing · In home very understanding and knowledgable. always on time. Gives the extra effort
· Sewing · In home Lauren is professional, kind, smart and patient. She exceeded all of my extremely high expectations. Thank you, Lauren!