- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am a fashion samplemaker, and a devoted sewing teacher! My greatest joy is seeing my students master new skills, empower themselves through crafting their own style, and applying their learning throughout their lives. I maintain a blog on Tumblr where you can see some current and past fashion samplemaking work (as released by the designer themselves) as well as video tutorials that I've made.
While I am patient, my enthusiasm is palpable during each lesson. Each lesson is designed for maximum student engagement using a show-not-tell approach. Sewing is a hands-on enterprise! So, I do my best to empower each student with each lesson.
· Sewing · In studio I found Kim after looking for someone to make me some custom athletic tank tops for the gym. After meeting her, I chose to learn how to sew instead, because she did a good job of making sewing make sense to me. To say I felt awkward my first time in a sewing store as a 6'6" bodybuilder the understatement of my life.
She took me from knowing nothing at all about sewing to being able to make my own work-out tops. Then she taught me how to make work shirts, and soon together we will start making my first pair of pants. (If you're as tall as I am, you know this is a very big deal.)
Friends and coworkers, for the first time, they're seeing me in clothes that fit my arms and shoulders properly and they ask where I got them. I feel really good about that, and I don't have rashes under my armpits from too-tight "XL" shirts.
If she can get my burly dopey butt to learn to sew, she can teach anyone.
She also has a stocked sewing studio. Most lessons I go there to learn, but I've also had her visit my place. I prefer to go there, if you need a button or fabric, she probably has it, and will let you buy muslin from her instead of taking a special trip to the Garment District to get it.
· Sewing · In home Very nice young lady. Really knows her stuff.