Haley Shea is a Meditation Guide, Life Coach, and English Writing Tutor who seeks to assist you along your path to inner peace. She offers meditation routines for Relaxation, Stress Relief, Anxiety & Anger Management, Self-Love, Mindful Awareness, Positive Attraction/Manifestation, and Creative Visual Exploration. She has been studying meditation for her own practice for seven years and sharing her techniques with others since 2011. She is the founder of Guidestone Meditation, an ever-growing endeavor to promote mindful awareness, positive thinking, and mental health from a spiritual standpoint in her hometown of Gainesville, GA.
Haley Shea also offers tutoring services for English writing and composition students of all ages. In 2008, she gained valuable experience working as a volunteer middle school reading & writing tutor at Sturgis Library, which inspired her to pursue a teaching-based career. Haley currently works at the University of North Georgia Writing Center as a writing tutor and media developer. CRLA certified under the Gainesville Writing Center, she specializes in college composition, thesis development, English grammar, and Reed-Kellogg sentence diagramming. Whether you are an elementary student learning sentence structure for the first time or a nontraditional student looking to review forgotten knowledge from earlier studies, Haley Shea can help you conquer the challenges of the English language.
Currently, Haley Shea's work is focused with clients of Meditation & Life Coaching, but she continues to welcome students of English & academic testing wherever her schedule allows. For more information, use the Ask a Question feature and Haley Shea will be happy to respond to your inquiry personally within 48 hours.
Assists students with brainstorming, organization, higher and lower order revisions via the conversational method; increases students’ confidence in writing abilities, decreases students’ writing anxiety by thoroughly explaining requirements of essay prompts and steps of the writing process
Develops informative, educational, and entertaining videos to promote the Writing Center and spread awareness of its services while educating the student population
Engages students in intellectual conversation during tutoring sessions; helps students discover new ideas and think on a deeper level of cognitive analysis
Works with non-native speakers (ESL students) to improve their understanding and mastery of the English language both written and spoken
CRLA certified through Writing Center Tutor Training courses
Guidestone Meditation aims to increase community awareness & decrease societal stress by teaching meditative routines for relaxation & mental health management and opening up dialog on spirituality & its relationship to human emotion and wellbeing.
Haley has completed over 700 hours of experience tutoring students in English Writing, most commonly for College Composition 1101 & 1102 courses. The University of North Georgia Writing Center is accredited through CRLA for professional tutor training.
· Writing · Online Out lined the direction to take and how I can tap into my interest too write something is interesting to the reader.
· Meditation · Online My experience with Haley Shea was nothing short of transcendental. I was completely revitalized after receiving her guided meditation, which was focused on mindfulness and extending awareness. The session was performed virtually, but that in no way detracted from the experience. Her voice is kind and soothing, and she is so comfortable right away. She helped me find a peacefulness within myself that I hadn't known in a long time. It was unbelievable...I didn't realize what kind of power I had in my own mind. I FELT physically different after this session. I felt more connected, more relaxed, more inspired, more intrigued, and just...happier. You really have to try.
· Meditation · Online Just had my first class with Haley. She was wonderful. Being that this is my first time meditating, I was not sure what to expect. Her voice was very soothing and her visual worked. Will definitely take more classes with her.
· Meditation · Online It has been a pleasure to work with Shea. She is a great teacher and has helped me find more peace through meditations. Although, I had never done meditations before and was somewhat skeptical to start, Shea did a good job of not only showing me various techniques, but also explaining the concept behind it. She does a great job of catering sessions based on your needs and listens to what you say in order to incorporate it with new fun exercises. I highly recommend her and look forward to continuing to work with her.
· Meditation · In studio Shea is an amazing teacher. She is so easygoing and relatable when helping me with mediation and life coaching. She has a lot of visualizations that she talks you through meditation and its very helpful, especially for people who are new to meditation. Her prices are great and she likes to follow up with you about your experience and what she can do to make it better for you.
· Life Coaching · Online Haley has really been an awesome, supportive teacher for me these past few months. I signed up for a Meditation & Life Coaching combo package during a dark time in my life when I was dealing with a lot of stress, depression, and self-defeating thoughts. With her help I learned how to capture those negative thoughts and turn them around to see things from a new perspective. Now I feel so much lighter and finally feel like I have a way to cope with my anxieties. Keep up the great work!
· Life Coaching · Online I had life coaching lessons with Shea. She's not professional. She speaks about her private life and provides poor advice. She speaks most of the time. She has to take into consideration that she is being paid for speaking to me. This means she has to please the client by working diligently and being courteous. She informed me to work at a bar and to become a waitress while I'm attending the university. Why would I work at a bar? Maybe, if I was the desperate type. I have high class, and I needed a decent job. I only considered her because she was inexpensive. I don't recommend her for anyone.
· Meditation · In studio Shea really knows what she is doing when it comes to meditation. She answers any questions and explains what to expect when you're learning. Her guided visualizations are incredibly helpful, especially when you're like me and have never tried serious meditation before. So much of my stress was relieved and I went home feeling much more happy and relaxed after our first session.
· Spanish · In studio I enjoy my lessons with Haley, she's very understanding and lets me work at my own pace. I couldn't ask for a better teacher. 😊
· Grammar · In home Shea has been an excellent Tutor for my Middle School child, who was having problems with his grammar. She is very courteous, respectful, and explains in detail so that my child comprehends what she teaches him. Shea is very patient and kind, and takes the tension away each time she sits down with him. . I would highly recommend her to anyone in any subject. She is a brilliant young lady! Matthew is gaining more confidence with each visit from Shea.