- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
I am a business entrepreneur with 17 years’ experience creating IT startups and growing them into international multi-million dollar enterprises. A mature leader who uses technology to streamline business operations and create strategies to maximize current and future growth. Change agent, with diverse expertise and effectiveness in managing high-impact projects yielding exceptional business results. An energetic coach with a passion for developing people and teaching new skills. I lived in Tokyo, Japan for 8 years where I taught part time as an ESL teacher while building several new companies, including my own English school.
Lead instructor for web development, online content creation, and digital marketing. Hands on educator that loves to teach students how to use the latest in audio and video equipment to produce innovative media for radio, television, and web. Collaborated with other instructors and graduate assistants to ensure students had an enriched in-depth learning experience.
• Used knowledge of network infrastructure to trouble shoot and fix network issues with the school so students could have fast internet for web development classes.
• Coordinated with the education director to outline class learning objectives, class scheduling, and curriculum.
• Created a course rubric for students to follow and milestone objectives so students could understand grading metrics.
• Successfully instructed classes of up to 16 students in 4-hour long sessions on a variety of subjects from online marketing to online security.
• Instructed on best practices for web design, user interface UI, user experience UX, content management systems CMS, and WordPress.
• Instructed students on use of Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 software, Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere pro, and Audition.
• Taught marketing practices and the use of marketing campaigns on social media websites Facebook and Twitter; and taught the use of marketing tools Google adwords, Google adsense, Google analytics, and webmaster tools.
Created EZ IT Media and formed relationships with companies and upstarts as an IT business solutions provider. Responsibilities include developing new clients and creating IT strategy to increase profitability and growth with direct responsibility as a sub-contractor to work with existing IT infrastructure and surpass objectives.
• Allied with Stop Slide, LLC and created medical device for sale in the home care market.
• Defined materials, specifications, manufacturing process and safety compliance for device while overseeing the IT strategy for branding and marketing on the World Wide Web.
• Leveraged SEO techniques and strategy to ensure search phrase “How to stop sliding down in bed” and variants reached #1 in Google searches surpassing well established results.
• Implemented overall IT strategy from automated manufacturing/production to accounting, finance and marketing increasing efficiency and reducing labor costs at an annual savings of $1.3m annually.
• Negotiated with shipping and material vendors to reduce operational cost and increasing profit margins by over 58%.
• Forged relationships with medical distributors nationally and internationally to supply product through distribution lines in Australia, Korea, Japan, Great Brittan, France, Spain, Germany, and Canada.
• Created a project manager (PM) to track invoicing and project progress for clients.
• Created proprietary cPanel interface that can be licensed to clients.
• Interview with clients to design front end and back end websites and website technology solutions.
• Responsibility for core brand structure and execution in all media deliverables such as audio, video, web and print for EZ IT Media and clients.
• Implemented SEO technologies server side that are proprietary to EZ IT Media for clients and EZ IT Media.
• Established new LAMP server ensuring security and reliability for client hosting.
Chief Information Officer of Wealthbridge Connect hired to manage and architect the creation of an e-learning platform and member management system. Responsible for over 100 employees and a member base of over 8000 with more than 200 sub-contractors providing various services. After the successful launch and growth of Wealthbridge Connect the company was purchased by a larger competitor in 2012.
• Designed and deployed an E-learning platform that provided educational services for corporate and government executives to increase efficiency and effectively manage their down lines.
• Successfully automated content input reducing labor by 43% while increasing productivity by more than 50%, decreasing costs $4m annually.
• Instated 7-S, Six Sigma and “kaizen” management systems to effectively streamline IT infrastructure while reducing hardware operational costs by 38%.
• Moved multi-media production in house to reduce cost and increase production control saving nearly $1m annually.
• Hired and cultivated IT management and down line leaders to define an exceptional work culture and standard.
• Solidified IT and corporate structure for acquisition in 2012.
• Acquired business alliances with Wealthbridge Connect resulting in significant increase of status, company valuation and growth of revenue by 500%.
• Developed business operation plan and overall strategy for employees to train, create workflow and facilitate the in house multi-media workspace within Wealthbridge Connect.
• Reduced operation cost and increased profitability by migrating several employees to Wealthbridge payroll while improving work standard and quality.
• Managed all operations, fulfillment, customer communications, and associated sub-contractors.
• Accomplished sale and separation of NRG-MEDIA, LLC from Wealthbridge Connect in 2011.
• Assisted in re-branding of NRG-MEDIA, LLC to FLASH-X, LLC.
Established a (Kabushiki Kaisha) KK company in Gotanda, Tokyo as a corporate business English provider with services extending to all areas of marketing, branding and business helping Japanese companies expand into foreign markets. Responsibilities included leadership and coordination of logistics, bid proposal, education, consultation, sales, marketing and business development. An offer was made to purchase KK for above market price.
• Proactively recruited and hired top developers and designers from the Japanese software gaming industry to provide excellence in product and service to clients.
• Strategized and played a critical role in helping more than 58 different Japanese companies break in to English speaking markets with products and services.
• Devised technology and application frameworks with component/composite products to advance new market introductions.
• Improved client satellite communication relay with automated translation service utilizing Google translate as translation backbone.
• Managed staff of over 80 employees with a contractor base of over 1000 in 8 different countries.
Director of IT Operations
Responsible for coordination of facilities, A&P evaluation reports, managing consultant team and technical team in coordinated efforts to meet project deadlines. In charge of over $20m in IT budget, quality of security policy development and technical translation from English to Japanese for clients.
• In authority over 154 employees and over 400 contractors in large scale security evaluation of Japanese government IT and critical infrastructure.
• Outlined an implemented plan to make Japanese banking system compliant with global transaction security standards and swift code system.
• Worked closely with major Japanese ISP’s (Broadband Inc.) to outline security policy and system/disaster redundancy.
• Supported creation of hybrid SALT encryption algorithms and security measures for online streaming media providers. (A precursor technology used by Netflix, Vudu, Amazon, etc.)
• Drove measurements-based Six Sigma into all factions of corporate structure to audit and continually improve performance of company as well as performance of products and services.
• Accomplishment: SIDC was purchased by Japanese interests and reformed into secusolutions.com and fortiscan.com as an international corporation based in Canada.
190 hours completed.
Elton is an incredibly dedicated and patient teacher that I would highly recommend to anyone. My knowledge base in computer programming was remedial at best and I wanted to learn more. I am slow to learn things, but he sat with me patiently and kept explaining things until I finally got it. He goes the extra mile for those who want to learn and receives genuine joy when he sees his students, not only learning, but exceeding in the goals they set. You can truly tell teaching is his calling.+ Read More
Elton is an incredibly knowledgeable and patient instructor. He is able to explain stuff for what ever level you are. He takes extra care to sit with you until you feel comfortable with the lesson. He is a wealth of knowledge and is eager to share it with those who want to learn. I would recommend him to any person, including my own mother+ Read More
Elton is the best! He helps me understand my difficulties and creates custom solutions to each different issue I have ever encountered. He explains details and considers my problems to help me overcome them.