I began teaching while studying in Art Institute. My first students were 5 to 7 yr. old kids. It was very challenging, but also very rewarding. I was teaching them skills, they were teaching me patience. Later the age of my students grew, until I ended up teaching the same students I was in the same classes just 6 months ago. Again another challenge. I love challenges and even more I love helping others to overcome them.
My philosophy about teaching is that everybody can learn, it is only the way how we learn is different for different people. Another very important thing - I strive to be creative, respectful and approachable.
Design and produce unique jewelry pieces from sterling silver, copper, brass and stainless steel and gems.
Participated in Fine Art Shows, exhibitions, worked on commissioned artwork.
Digitized and enhanced artwork using Adobe Illustrator CS6.
Digital drawing in Illustrator CS6.
Created visual materials (posters, catalogs) for several Art Exhibitions.
Responsible for conceptualization and design of all marketing materials, including brochures, mailers, postcards and posters, outside boards, T-shirts and other promotional products while maintaining everything consistent with corporate identity; vendor selection, procedures writing.
Designed book, catalog covers, catalogs, DVD face art and sleeves, packaging, international advertising
Designed for print collateral including: catalogs, direct mail, sell sheets, brochures, from concept to production and used those designs‑‑with light development‑‑for landing pages, email blasts, and banners to expand a campaign
Was entrusted with re-designing the Pivot Point magazine "SPRiTZ", including logo, concept and template
Instrumental in creating all banners and visual materials for Pivot Point hospitality room and booth at international show at McCormic place in Chicago for HairWorld 2008 and Americas Beauty Show 2008 and 2009, two biggest industry events and Design Success at Q Center in St. Charles which got excellent reviews
Art directed photo shoots of our products
Develop, plan and implement graphic design curriculum and lesson plans for students. Design enrichment programs to ensure students receive instruction equivalent to national standards. Incorporate each classrooms' coursework into teaching to make class relevant to daily education.
Digital Imaging (Photoshop), Typography I & II (Quark Xpress, Illustrator)
Multimedia I (Director)
Animation for the Web (Flash, Fireworks)
2D & 3D design
· Sewing · In home Dovile is so great!
· Sewing · In home My daughter enjoyed her sewing lesson with Dovile.
· Jewelry Design · In home My daughter had a great time and is looking forward to the next time she and Dovile get together
· Sewing · In home Dovile was great! She arrived on time. I wanted to brush up on my skills on how to make a pattern from an old dress. She is an excellent instructor. She explained things very well. By the end of the 2 hours I had a made a pattern and cut it out. I felt we accomplished a lot without rushing. It was definitely a 5-star experience.
· Sewing · In home My 11 year old daughter had a great experience with Dovile. So nice and convenient for her to come to our home. Our first lesson was an assessment of how much my daughter knew about the machine, a general overview of how to use and conversations between the two to decide on what to make. Loved that Dovile gave homework each time(make a bobbin, cut the material for next week, etc.) My daughter made a denim purse and gained skills and confidence inputting out our machine. Thanks, Dovile!
· Sewing · In home Only one lesson so far..great experience. So nice to have someone come to our home and work on our machine with our tools. Dovile was very laid back and worked well with my 11 year old daughter in getting to know our machine (and each her interests). They put together a plan (with homework) for the next lesson.
· Acrylic Painting · Online Very knowledgable, patient and gives clear feedback. Is able to asses your skill level and instruct accordingly.
· Sewing · In studio Dovile takes her time and makes sure you know what you are doing, Good teacher if you want to learn how to sew
· Sewing · In studio Dovile is a very nice and knowledgeable teacher and glad we picked her to teach sewing!...Thank YOU Dovile!
· Jewelry Design · Online I
I,e working with her