I have been teaching English, Korean, standardized exams (TOEFL, TOEIC, SAT etc.), and Math to students aged 5-50 for the last 8 years. I have taught at an international school, college application agencies, academies, private homes, and even online. Some of my teaching highlights are being ranked the best teacher out of 30 teachers at Hellocafe and launching several new programs at White Stone International School. Besides teaching, I have 5 years of experience translating formal documents, pamphlets, and business emails for both business clients and individuals.
How I Teach
I tailor my lessons to students' needs and provide specific feedback and summary at the end of every class. The following classes cover new as well as review materials with plenty of practice and application to ensure that students are fully comfortable with the newly gained knowledge. I utilize creative teaching methods such as debates, Knowledge Celebration, and Zoom-in Study to boost students’ understanding and help them apply the learned content in a variety of ways.
I graduated from Macalester College with a bachelor’s degree in Economics and Applied Math and Statistics and a minor in Psychology. I was on the Dean’s List in college and was a Valedictorian in both high school and middle school. I won the first place in Chosum Ed essay competition and received the Kofi Annan International Scholarship.
• Deliver 50+ customer P&Ls totaling over $7.5M in net sales for contract renewals & new business • Support the execution of 2019 Pricing Plan of $27M with nearly 1800 customer contracts • Enable the sales team to grow their portfolio by facilitating pricing, analyzing sales trends & profitability, and helping them identify new opportunities • Build a CPI-PPI-ECI Forecast model using Multiple Regression method to estimate pricing four months ahead; resulted in a variance of 0.4% on average • Identified and executed on several process improvement opportunities by programming, automating, and streamlining procedures
MACALESTER COLLEGE FACILITIES
• Design, plan, and coordinate energy efficiency projects using utilities, renewable energy, and water usage data provided by Macalester College • Research and evaluate costs and savings of new energy-saving projects and provide financial projections and risk analysis documentation • Write programs using R to collect and visualize energy and water usage data to deliver accessible and effective presentation
COMMUNITY REINVESTMENT FUNDS
• Advance cash-flow analysis and provided informed risk ratings based on CRF underwriting criteria for at least 250 S-Corps, rental properties, and small businesses, which contributed to the funding of $2 billion in loans, investments, and bonds • Examine financial projections for SBA 7(a) loans and provided CRF-projections, break-even, and 4%-stress level analyses • Appraise and reviewed loan modifications based on risk rakings, personal credit history, and collateral analysis
WHITE STONE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
• Utilize Excel to produce quantitative performance reports based on an in-depth analysis of students’ strengths and weaknesses • Conduct meta-analysis research on teaching resources and pedagogical methods to create textbooks and teaching materials • Collect and constructed data on both students and teachers’ performance and feedback to enhance students’ learning experience
• Rank as the top employee out of 30 coaches and received a bonus • Participate in pitch presentations in its initial stage of educational-tech business at various local companies • Evaluate clients’ written and oral presentation skills to help them increase their communication efficiency in business-settings
Tutor & Translator for All Age Groups
• Analyze students’ understanding to deliver level-appropriate explanations for difficult concepts in SAT, TOEFL, and TOEIC • Translate formal documents, pamphlets, and business emails for both business clients and individuals • Host regular consultations with students and parents to discuss students’ performance, future paths, and course descriptions
• Taught all subjects in TOEFL, TOEIC, and English Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking • Utilized creative teaching methods such as debates, Knowledge Celebration, and Zoom-in Study • Consulted parents regarding school options and courses taught at the academy
ENVOY WORLD AGENCY
• Taught K3-K10 English and Vocabulary • Launched a new program to help students with college application essays and interviews
Let Our Student Counselors Help You
We can match you with the perfect teacher and take care of all your scheduling needs.