I am dedicated and student-focused teaching professional whose main aim is to help my students reach their language and professional goals.
I have over six years of experience in teaching students from all different cultures and backgrounds while working in five different countries across Europe, Asia and the U.S. This has allowed me to grow into a culturally sensitive person, something that is a vital asset when teaching English to foreign students. My goal is to foster and maintain an open, honest, communicative and supportive environment, in which students feel safe yet uniquely challenged. My lesson plans are custom made to fit the students’ needs.
I have a bachelor's degree in Marketing from San Diego State University, a Master's in Political Science from Linköping University and a CELTA certification.
I look forward to working together to reach your goals!
Provided small group training and large workshops to corporate clients about communication and interpersonal skills when dealing with an array of cultural backgrounds. Enhanced intercultural expertise of multinational corporations.
General English, academic English and business English courses in small group settings or private lessons.
IELTS and TOEFL preparation
B1-C1 English Courses
Focused on grammar, pronunciation and fluency through practical methods and interactive exercises for a multi-dimensional classroom.
Managed classrooms with an average of 20 students.
B1-C1 Level leader
Coordinated all B1-C1 level classes to ensure consistency throughout the classes.
Oversaw quiz and test development to provide coherence between the test making and course objectives and pace.
• Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced (group and private courses)
Focused on grammar, pronunciation and fluency through practical methods and interactive exercises for a multi-lingual classroom.
• TOEFL and IELTS preparation courses
Prepared students with diverse backgrounds for the TOEFL/IELTS exam. Used up-to-date and intriguing material to keep the students motivated while increasing skill level.
• Business English
Taught a multi-lingual classroom all of the aspects of business while presenting business vocabulary and preparing the students to work in a professional business setting.
• Researching and constructing UNOY’s Advocacy Strategy
• Assembling and managing the Youth Advocacy Team 2012
The Youth Advocacy Team is a Global team which traveled to the United Nations to lobby for a UN Security Council Resolution on Youth, Peace and Security.
• Developed Project Proposal for the European Commission-Youth in the World, Youth in Action Program, Action 3.2
Worked on Concept Theme and Proposal for “Job-Shadowing 2.0- for Peace and Sustainability”
• Contributing to the blog, and offering my translation abilities when needed.
• Advocacy Training
Held three separate training workshops for international students and external parties on advocacy related issues.
• Translated technical, legal, and public documents online between Italian, English and Spanish.
• Translated different formats and genres of electronic documents and web sites from a variety of public/private sectors and industries.
• High Intermediate Course and Beginner Course
Taught a multi-lingual classroom reading, writing, listening and speaking skills while introducing them to American culture.
• TOEFL Writing Course
• Business English