Hello! I have taught ESL and French since 2007 at the university and high school levels and have been tutoring each of these languages as well. I have been teaching ESL at UC Davis since 2012.
For my graduate degrees, I studied second language acquisition. If you choose to learn with me, I'll bring the benefit of a diverse education and a lot of experience teaching people from all walks of life.
Instructor of ESL composition, culture and pronunciation courses for international students and professionals.
Instructor of first and second-year French courses.
TESOL International Association’s mission is to advance professional expertise in English language teaching and learning for speakers of other languages worldwide.
The AATF is the only professional association devoted exclusively to the needs of French teachers at all levels. The mission of the AATF is to advance the study of the French language and French-speaking literatures and cultures both in schools and in the general public. Membership is open to anyone interested in the teaching of French who is over the age of 18.
The Linguistic Society of America (LSA) was founded in 1924 to advance the scientific study of language. LSA plays a critical role in supporting and disseminating linguistic scholarship both to professional linguists and to the general public.
· English · I took Abram's English research project class when I was doing a summer program at UCD. He's a great teacher, always very helpful, passionate, and you can tell how much he loves to teach. I always looked forward to his class because he knew very well how to create a comfortable and fun learning atmosphere for all international students.
· English · In studio Abram is an excellent instructor. He was a great resource for any questions that I had, and explains concepts in a clear, concise fashion. He is passionate about what he does and it shows in his work. I highly recommend taking a course with him!
· · In studio Abram is very knowledgeable, interesting, and helpful. I enjoyed his lectures a lot, and he's a great teacher!
· English · In studio Abram’s classes were my favorite for the entire summer English course, not only because they were informative but because they were so much fun!
The class I took was an English research project class, where I learned a lot about interviewing and making good presentations in English, in a classroom where Abram always crated a comfortable and lively atmosphere.
· · In studio Abram jones is a great instructor. His energy makes the class feel comfortable and unified. I was never intimidated to raise my hand to ask a question or share my personal thoughts. His teaching style is relaxed and modern.
· English · In studio Abram is very knowledgeable and approachable. An all around good teacher.
· English · In studio Abram was a wonderful TA for HDE 117! Aside from being very responsive to my emails, he was always helpful and gave great advice regarding my term paper. We met in office hours a few times and emailed each other constantly. Our conversations were mainly centered on my writing development. I was very pleased with all of his help, and I couldn't have asked for a better TA.