- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello future student :) My name is Sondra and I would love to help you achieve your painting goals. I have a wide range of skills, from abstraction to realism and many hues in between. I received my Bachelor's in Fine Arts from The Oregon College of Art and Craft, a school that gave me background in modern, conceptual art. I also learned and revered techniques from the old Masters, such as Rembrandt, who have a classic, timeless perspective on painting. I've heard it said that it takes 10,000 hours to become a pro, which is why I give my students a painting assignment from our very first lesson. I will get you started wherever you are in your level of experience. I'll help you learn to paint what you're looking at as well as develop your own sense of style when painting expressively. I have a great eye for color and mixing and my students have felt this was a particular advantage of learning from me. I'd love to meet you and help you on your painting journey. So sign up with me today!
I taught acrylic painting in the styles and techniques of Master artists. I also taught portrait drawing, charcoal drawing, and drama here.
I taught boutique paint and wine classes to adults at restaurants, community centers, and shops.
· Acrylic Painting · In home Sondra was sweet, patient, and very knowledgeable in art. My daughters loved her and are excited to continue learning from her!
· Acrylic Painting · In home Sondra is an exceptional teacher! She immediately made me feel at ease and we were able to quickly get to work. Her professionalism and easy spirit are a perfect combination for an excellent teacher! I was sincerely surprised at how much I was able to learn in such a short time. I would highly recommend Sondra!
· Acrylic Painting · In home My first lesson was incredible! Sondra is such a good instructor. She explained and demonstrated each technique with knowledge and patience. I am painting my first painting and I am thrilled with the results. She is very good at her craft and teaching techniques.
· · Sondra is an incredible teacher and an amazing artist. While I've not taken classes with her, I have heard great things about her teaching substance and style. What I have seen first-hand is Sondra helping her peers with advice, feedback and suggestions. She was a student of mine and counted on Sondra to help move the class discussion along if it waned, and I saw her go out of her way to help her fellow students. Sondra would be a valuable asset to any arts organization! Five stars for Sondra!
· Acrylic Painting · In studio Sondra is really well-versed in blending colors, laying out a composition, where to work freely and where to ficus on detail, etc. She's also able to explain things well, and to follow through with advice as things come up. Patient, too. Highly recommended!
· Acrylic Painting · In home I tried painting a couple of times on my own and it was pretty bad. After just one private lesson with Sondra I was able to paint something I was proud of. Sondra really understands making different colors and blending paint. Something I have always struggled with. I highly recommend her for a painting instructor.
· Oil Painting · In home I had a wonderful time. Sondra is a very talented and patient teacher. I can't wait to book another session!
· Acrylic Painting · In studio Sondra is an awesome teacher! I took a group class that she was teaching, and to be honest I was a bit intimidated! Luckily for me, she was super helpful and even though the group was big, she spent lots of time helping me with the painting. I am grateful that she taught me some good techniques, especially when it comes to beginning a new painting.