Hello, and thank you for visiting my page! I have been an artist for my whole life and I am passionate about sharing my love of creativity with others. I earned an MFA in Costume Design from UCLA in 2007 and have been a freelance costume designer, college professor, photographer, illustrator, and jewelry designer.
As much as I love to create, what I really love is to help somebody learn to do something they love and create something they can be proud of! I am happy teaching all ages, and I specialize in helping each student find his or her unique vision.
I can teach sewing by hand and on a machine, including how to read and understand the instructions in commercial patterns. Bring your project and I'll help you make it happen! I am highly skilled at teaching life drawing, as well as marker rendering and watercolor fashion illustration. Photography is my other passion, and I look forward to helping you understand how to use a camera's many features, and your eye, to create art.
I designed courses and taught the following subjects: Introduction to Theatrical Design, Costume Design, and Period Styles of Design. I taught the elements of design for theater and film, drawing and rendering the human figure and clothing, and sewing costumes for the University's productions.
· Photography · In studio Sarah was on time and she did her homework! She uses a Cannon and have have a Nikon, she read the owners manuel prior to the first lesson, very impressive. She answered all my questions and looking forward to the next lesson.
· Sewing · In studio Sarah is amazing, I truly enjoyed learning from her. She opened my eyes to the sewing world in general, and specifically to what I was interested in. I am grateful for the experience and am better because of it.
· Photography · In studio Working with Sarah has been great! She has shared her knowledge freely, has a keen, artistic eye, and provides lots of creative solutions. I hope to enlist her services again in the future.
· Sewing · In studio Best experience ever.
· Photography · In studio Sarah was great! She was very clear and thorough in explaining how to operate and get familiarize with my new camera . She is knowledgeable and has a real passion for photography.Great experience and I am looking forward to my next class with Sarah.
· Sewing · In studio Patient, clear, knowledgeable!
· Photography · In studio Sarah is a delightful, smart and talented photography teacher. She went to the trouble to read up on my particular kind of camera so she knew could tell me all the details. So helpful! Totally recommend her to anyone who wants to learn photography!
· Photography · In studio Sarah is a great teacher! She is knowledgeable and patient. Even though I have enjoyed taking photos for years I just never knew much about my digital camera and what it could do. Sarah gave me "homework" to practice what she taught me and all around it was a positive learning experience!
· Sewing · In studio Well prepared, thorough, knowledgeable and patient. Good amount of knowledge and skills to digest in our 30 minute session. Looking forward to our next lesson.
· Drawing · In studio Sarah is a very patient teacher who has great skills herself, but is not at all intimidating to learn from.