- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi! My name is Melissa and I can't wait to help you embark on your musical goals! After 19 years of teaching and performing, I have learned what works and what doesn't. More importantly, I understand that each student is different. What works for you or your student may not work for another, so it is important to recognize those differences and update my instruction technique based on each student's needs. I also have a long resume of performance experience that aids in my ability to prepare my students for all avenues including recitals, ensemble performances, professional auditions, and preparation for college.
I personally hold two degrees in music (voice and piano) and have studied with some of the most sought-after coaches. I am also a member of MTNA (Music Teachers National Association) and TMTA (Texas Music Teachers Association).
My Studio Policies
-- I do have a 24-hour lesson cancellation policy. If a student fails to provide adequate notice or misses a lesson unannounced, the student will be charged for the full lesson cost.
-- Students are responsible for the cost of their own music, lesson books, and lesson materials. I am happy to purchase the items at a discount but all items must be reimbursed in full at the time of delivery.
Stage production company specializing in spotlighting new and upcoming talent via community theatre.
Owner and instructor of all studio business. Taught lessons, directed choirs, directed music theatre productions, and more!
Taught private and group lessons for latin and ballroom dances. Competed with students in pro/am competitions.
Taught private piano lessons.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
Sigma Alpha Iota is a professional International Music Fraternity for women. Formed to uphold the highest standards of music and to further the development of music in America and throughout the world, it continues to provide musical and educational resources to its members and the general public.Sigma Alpha Iota operates its own national philanthropy, Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc.
· Piano · In home Just Perfect and I will continue to take lessons from her - If I would not have re-located .
Melissa knows her stuff - at like every beat . She is very knowledgeable, experienced, practices mastery, composes music and lastly a great teacher - I was a beginner and She was always there to tutor me at every step for my fast growth
Highly Recommend to any Piano enthusiast !
· Singing · In studio Melissa is an excellent voice teacher. Regardless of your skill set her approach to teaching is so professional. She first ask what I wanted to achieve thru the lesson and after the first lesson she discusses with you what she feels would be the focus of the lesson based upon what she hears. She puts the student's needs first and will unatrusively suggest things to work on at home, between lessons. She is very knowledgeable when it comes to her craft. I like the idea that she knows two instruments, the voice and the piano. In such a short time I learn more than I ever expected.
· Singing · In home she is great!! knows what she is doing!
· Classical Piano · In studio Melissa definitely knows her stuff! She knows how to deal with kids, and they love her! I was very impressed!
· Piano · In studio Great adult piano teacher!
· Singing · In studio We were having divorce issues and needed a summer activity. It was impossible to schedule something with my ex husband so I searched online and found Melissa. My daughter has been to 6 classes and absolutely has loved every single class. I love to hear my daughter sing downstairs and after 6 classes she wants to continue. Thank you for all that you have done and I look forward to more lessons with you. I will recommend you to all of my friends!
· Piano · In studio My son is an advance piano player, classical and Jazz and also music composer. Melissa has done a great job helping him prepare for performances and competitions. Also voice auditions operatic and for theater. We give her high reviews and highly recommended! She keeps extremely busy and in high demand so better call and get her scheduled!
· Piano · In studio My daughter took lessons from Melissa for 3 years and we only stopped because she moved out of town. We never found anyone else like her. She is a great teacher and really knows how to bring out the best in her students.
· Piano · In studio I began taking lessons from Melissa after my first teacher felt unable to take me to the next level. A classmate recommended Melissa and I'm glad she did. I have learned so much and I have fun on each lesson too.
· Piano · In studio Melissa began teaching my two girls when they were 5 and 6 years old. From day 1, they would not stop talking about their lessons with Miss Melissa. I noticed during the lessons thay she really took the time to build up the girls confidence. As they got older the girls became active in school misic programs and community theater. They always seemed to be a step ahead of the class because of the strong foundation they received in piano lessons. Melissa also helped my oldest prepare of her college music department audition where she was accepted with a scholarship offer to both her first and second choice schools. We highly recommend Melissa!