I have worked in Animation for over 20 years, from traditional 2D animation to computer, initially in Canada, in Montreal, more precisely. In '97, I was hired by the Walt Disney Animation Studio to train their animators on the computer. I taught computer animation software, mainly Maya, and Photoshop to hundreds of talented artists here in Burbank. I was also creating and writing teaching materials, so I am well versed in Word, and Illustrator.
My other passion is Fashion Design. I am a Fashion Design graduate from FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising). I studied Fashion so I could make my own patterns. I have been sewing for over 30 years and just love creating clothing or costumes for my children and I, with commercial patterns or my own patterns. I am pretty crafty, really good at modifying patterns, and I have a great knowledge of fabrics. I love fashion illustration and the whole process of creating a line.
I really enjoy teaching, and after years of teaching animation software, I craved teaching something more hands-on, and I have been enjoying teaching sewing and fashion design. It is rewarding to pass on a skill that used to be taught from generation to generation, but that less and less people are learning nowadays.
Whether it is for a hobby, to decorate your house, to prepare for design school, or to make your own clothes, I can teach you from the very basic sewing skills, to more advance topics such as modifying your patterns to make clothes that fit.
I have provided private sewing lessons to adults and children.
I have helped some students with their home decoration projects, and I have a few long-term students that want to learn how to make their own garments.
I have been teaching beginner sewing lessons to kids, including how to use their sewing machine, and how to thread the machine.
I assed the training needs of productions, and designed, and taught customized lessons for all of the animation departments on commercial software such as Maya, Photoshop, Harmony, and Shake.
I worked with the software department to write documents and tutorials for their proprietary software, and taught group classes, and one-on-one as needed on different productions. I trained new employees so they can get up and running with in-house software and plug-ins. I also trained traditional Animators to animate on the computer.
Taught one-on-one classes for industry professional in Montreal. Trained game animators at the late game company Psygnosis in Liverpool (later SCE Studio Liverpool).
Developed Softimage's training material and turorials. Lead trainers training and certification sessions in Asia for Softimage vendors in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Tokyo, Japan, as well as in Los Angeles, Atlanta and at Vancouver Film School.
Worked freelance: painted animation cells, creating color models, mixed paints and did the color check for various animated TV commercials and animated series episodes (The Little Lulu Show).
Supervised the scanning and computer Ink and Paint day team.
Input camera moves in the Xsheet and integrated layers of 3D renders with 2D drawings using PixiBox Pegs on an animated television show "L'Aventure de L'Écriture".
· Fashion Design · In studio Great teacher!!
· Sewing · In studio Marie was great!
· Sewing · Online Marie is great explaining any sewing questions that one may have. She takes her time to ensure that the student understands and will answer any questions. I selected her because of her background and I knew she would be a great instructor for me. She understands my idea and is willing to see that I accomplish my goal.
· Sewing · In studio Marie is exactly what I was looking for. She is very professional, was able to answer all my questions. She is a perfect match for my needs. Looking forward to the next lesson
· Sewing · In studio Marie is great, very knowledgeable and patient. Highly recommend her.
· French · Online I worked with Marie for 5 months, twice a week, learning French. She was an excellent teacher! She was always prepared, and was patient and kind as she helped me to greatly improve my French. I highly recommend her to anyone looking to improve their French skills.
· French · In home Very good first lesson with my 9 year old. She really liked Marie and is very excited to continue with her lessons.
· Sewing · Online Great experience
· Fashion Design · In studio I have had three lessons now with Marie bad they have all been excellent!
· French · Online It was a great first session! She was easy to work with, and her instructional techniques worked very well! I was very pleased, and greatly look forward to future sessions!