Homewood Music Lessons
Looking for private in-home or in-studio lessons? Our Homewood teachers are ready to get you started. Find your teacher today!
Search for a teacher
Compare hundreds of teachers based on the criteria that matter to you, including background checks, age and experience.
Schedule your lessons
When you've found the perfect match, schedule your lessons online using the teacher's real-time availability.
Connect with your teacher
Your teacher will welcome you with a personalized curriculum to meet your specific goals and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Zero travel time is great for a busy schedule.
Typically priced lower than local lessons.
Online students stick with lessons as long as local students.
For the best experience, we typically recommend 60-minute music lessons. However, students looking for a more affordable option may want to consider a shorter lesson length of 45 or 30 minutes. On average, 45-minute music lessons are 18% less expensive at $39, and 30-minute lessons cost 30% less at $33.
Curious how much music lessons cost in your area? Do a quick search to get local prices for the best music teachers near Homewood.
And they're not alone!
Our teachers have taught
lessons and counting!
View Full Profile
Some people find their passion early in life, and for Bob M., that's absolutely true. At age 13, he played the guitar at his first musical gig, and many years later, he continues to play guitar professionally and teach others through his highly popular music lessons.
Well educated at the American Conservatory of Music, Bob spent years studying harmony and theory. And through 8 years of rigorous lessons and education under famed classical guitar teacher Jack Cecchini, Bob learned the true dedication and passion required for becoming a professional musician. In addition to his work with Jack, Bob played in the Masterclasses of Oscar Ghiglia (Segovia's podigy) and Manuel Lin
Because of his education, Bob is perhaps best known for his incredible improvisation abilities and his unique arrangements of pop tunes. Inspired by Wes Montgomery, Joe Pass, Barney Kessel, Andres Segovia, and other iconic guitarists, Bob has blended what he loves best about traditional Bebop and Blues with his creative, harmonic approaches. His jazz trio especially capitalizes on their unique ability to improvise, providing a steady stream of tunes, all while playing great jazz music and standards from the Great American Song Book. A passionate and energetic performer, Bob has been playing for crowds since his high school rock band days. Today, he enjoys playing solo and with his jazz trio at both private and corporate events.
Bob enjoys passing along his knowledge and experience to others as the founder of G4 Guitar Riverside where he teaches all styles, all ages, and all levels. Known by his students as an encouraging and supportive teacher, Bob believes that any student can become a good guitarist with enough dedication and passion. He teaches the G4 Guitar method, which is based on 29 years of research and development and is a structured, proven method for learning the guitar.
In addition to teaching guitar lessons, Bob has also written one book on soloing concepts for guitar, a theory course for beginners, and has developed special technical exercises to help guitarists with technical development.
Today, Bob continues to teach guitar lessons and is working on a CD of solo guitar music consisting of jazz and pop tunes.
*** Lesson Details ***
FUN, EASY GUITAR LESSONS, PLAY CHORDS YOUR FIRST LESSON
DID YOU EVER WANT TO TAKE GUITAR LESSONS BUT THOUGHT YOU COULDN'T DO IT?
Well, you've come to the right place. I'll teach you how to play guitar the fun and easy way!
>>> Play chords during the first lesson!
>>> Learn the skills you need to know so you can play the music you love!
STUDENTS COME FIRST!
My lessons are specifically designed for Teens to Adults!
1. All my students feel like stars! Because I make sure each lesson is both fun and enriching.
2. I provide a clear lesson plan complete with goals, achievement levels, and performances.
3. I use a song based teaching system so my students are learning songs they love while they get the academic benefits of music.
4. I don’t overbook myself so my current clients get the full benefit of my energy.
Music lessons have other great benefits like: Higher self esteem, more confidence, good social skills...and more!
5. I’ve seen the benefits of music proven over and over, and I know that I’m teaching so much more than music.
6. I’m exclusive. I have an incredibly high success rate because I only work with those that are truly excited about music.
I have several learning program packages available from 6 weeks to 24 weeks. And from 30 to 60 minutes lessons.
All materials are included FREE as part of the lesson package fee.
LESSONS ARE FUN AND ORGANIZED. YOU'LL LEARN TO PLAY THE MUSIC YOU LOVE!.
I utilize the research based learning material in our lessons. It is an integrated system that teaches you the 7 aspects of the guitar. There are also a series of checklists we use to help you clearly achieve defined goals in a very easy-to-follow way.
If you are looking to learn the guitar as a beginner, or breakthrough to higher levels of playing as an intermediate or advanced guitarist, then you've come to the right place. Imagine being able to play the songs and music you love.
PLAY CHORDS AT YOUR FIRST LESSON, OR BREAK THROUGH TO THE NEXT LEVEL!
1. Develop Skills - Picking, chords, arpeggios, scales, rhythm, reading, aural skills and theory.
2. Practice - Lessons are about building effective practice routines.
3. Motivation - Motivation is critical to long term success. We work at keeping you motivated!
4. Progress - I track student progress. And works with the student to maintain a constant level of progress to achieve their goals.
5. Upgrades / Improvements - Lessons are constantly about making improvement based on new findings to ensure our students are always improving.
6. Results - Following the lesson program will guarantee you results. With practice, patience, persistence and following the method, YOU WILL improve.
BENEFITS FOR YOU:
1. Guitar lessons for kids, teens and adults and all levels. From beginning guitarists with no experience to advanced level players.
2. YOU will be getting guitar lessons from a teacher who cares and actually tracks your progress, and knows your strengths and weaknesses.
3. YOU will learn the right things at the right time and in the right way as taught by a professional, working guitarist and certified teacher.
4. YOU will learn to play the guitar faster than trying to learn on your own.
5. YOU will learn how to practice effectively and efficiently to gain great results in a short space of time. Practice skills are rarely taught by guitar teachers.
6. YOU will get instant feed back on your playing in lessons so that YOU know that YOU will continue to make progress on the guitar.
7. YOU will learn musical skills that will enable YOU to meet YOUR goals as a guitar player.
8. YOU will be highly motivated and inspired to master the guitar.
9. YOU will finally understand how music works.
10. YOUR musicality and ear for music will improve drastically.
· Guitar · In studio
· Guitar · Online
· Classical Guitar ·
I really learned a lot from Mr. Minchin! I was very nervous and he got me calmed down. He really knows his stuff. He identified several areas where I was playing incorrectly and got me straightened out. I truly appreciate what a privilege it was to have him. I hope to take lessons from him again. Thank you!
My teaching philosophy is to provide a safe and nurturing environment for the student that will foster a love and appreciation for music first and foremost. I aim to give the student the technical tools they need to express themselves musically.
· Violin · In studio
· Violin · In home
View Full Profile
· Piano · In studio
· Piano · In home
· Flute · In home
This was her first flute lesson with Paul, but she's already looking forward to the next lesson.
· Classical Piano · In studio
we just finished our 2nd session, and i enjoyed the lesson so much, i can’t wait to have next session.
he is passionate, detail oriented, and professional.
he is also flexible, and experimental in his teaching, eager to see me flourish, trying to get the best from me.
he has this uncanny communication skills to help me appreciate and understand more deeply a music piece i am learning.
most of all, in just 2 weeks, Ethan helped me to recover “fun” and “freedom” during my piano practice (:))
Max has had the pleasure of preforming with such jazz icons as Ingrid Jensen, Ambrose Akinmusire, Dayna Stephens, Billy Drewes, Abraham Laboriel, and Allison Miller among others. In addition to his jazz work Max has recorded and performed with musicians from the pop and
· Saxophone · In studio
· Saxophone · In studio
· Saxophone · In home
I enjoy tutoring and helping other overcome problems that I have encountered myself because it enhances my own understanding and makes me happy that my self-studying is helping others. Sometimes, my students even bring up alternative ways of thinking that I have never thought of before!
· Calculus · Online
· Python · In studio
· Computer Programming · Online
· Photography · Online
· Photography · Online
· Photography · In studio
I have studied language diction extensively throughout my education, and am proficient with the proper pronunciation of English, Italian, German, and French in singing. I also have some experience with Russian and Spanish as well.
I have experience working with students of all ages, as anyone can learn how to sing and sing well! Everyone has a unique sound, and all it takes to bring that great sound out is good technique and proper breathing!
· Singing · In home
· Opera Voice ·
View Full Profile
I was raised in Poland and that is where I started playing cello, and later violin and piano as well. In 2008 I moved to USA to pursue my music education. I am also interested in music therapy and healing through music and making it accessible to everyone. My hobbies include riding a bike, swimming , zumba and musical theater!
You can take lessons with me at the comfort of your own home and get better at cello in no time!
· Cello · In studio
THANK YOU JESSICA
· Cello · In studio
· Cello · In home
We've discussed how to practice the piano before... but what if you don't have 30 minutes or an hour to commit to practicing every day? Answer: Condense it into a 10-minute quick-practice! Read on as Austin, TX piano teacher Aimee B. shows how to make this piano exercise work for you... No doubt you are busy. On top of a full day, you have an inkling to learn the piano. But how do you fit it into your day? You know the importance of regular practice, but if you find the idea of … Read More
Take your voice to the next level. Download free video tutorials to start singing like the star you are!
Getting Started with Music Lessons guides you through selecting a teacher & preparing for your first lesson.
Kickstart your guitar playing. Download free video tutorials to learn about chord progressions, strumming, and more!