Hi, my name is Marc M. and I can't wait to challenge and guide you through the process of making art. I have been teaching private lessons since 2008 and have taught courses at community art centers since 2014. I believe drawing and painting is a skill that everyone can learn by gaining knowledge of basic principles and fundamentals. I went to The Art Institute of Boston and earned a bachelors degree in Fine Art in 2007. I'm a respectful and open-minded person and my teaching style is intuitive, encouraging and challenging. I enjoy the opportunity to share painting and art with my students, and look forward to working with you and helping you find your artistic voice.
Now in its 10th decade, the Marblehead Arts Association (MAA) is located in the historic King Hooper Mansion. The MAA was founded in 1922 by a small group of artists who took action to support their beliefs that a vibrant art community was integral to the well-being of Marblehead and the surrounding community. The MAA continues to grow and prosper currently serving 500+ artistically diverse artists, associate and corporate members. Six galleries of exhibits by association members and guest artists rotate approximately every six weeks displaying over 1,200 original works of art annually.
A cornerstone of the MAA is arts education and programming, including adult and children’s classes, musical and theatre performances and a vibrant lecture series.
The Swampscott Arts Association(SAA) began in the 1940’s when a group of well known professional artists came together at the Swampscott Public Library to meet and create exhibits. The Association now offers 4 non-juried art exhibits a year as well as art demonstrations and workshops. Prizes and ribbons are awarded for each show by professional artists. Membership is open to all local artists and photographers.
· Painting · In home I have been very pleased with the original artwork that Marc has done for me through the years. I was also extremely happy with a restoration project that he was able to complete in a timely fashion. Marc has also worked very well with my three children from very young ages to now their teenage years.
5 stars for his abilities!!
5 stars as a teacher for my 3 children!!
· Painting · I have been familiar with Marc’s artwork for many years, and over that time his painting abilities and technique have grown and developed, bringing his already natural abilities to an even higher level. Marc always remains engaged in the art community, and is also knowledgeable in art history. If you spend any time with him, you will quickly get to know his cheerful, fun, (and at times slightly eccentric) personality. He pushes himself to create artwork with a variety of different techniques to maintain versatility in his painting abilities, and this makes him well suited for teaching, because he will be able to help you with whatever you want/need to learn for your own paintings. I would recommend Marc to anybody looking to improve their painting abilities while also enjoying the learning process.
· Oil Painting · In studio Marc is a talented and serious artist. He is knowledgable about many techniques and is very patient. I recommend him whether you are just starting out or have already had some experience at painting. He's a good guy!
· Oil Painting · Marc is a very talented artist and great to work with. His professionalism and knowledge of the craft were much appreciated, as I had very little prior experience in painting. He has guided me through the process from start to finish and I feel that I've learned a lot from him. I hope to continue working with him in the future and would highly recommend a lesson with him.
· Watercolor Painting · In studio Marc is super! He really listened to me when I had questions about a new technique. He was very patient and took the time to explain the process to me (a beginner) and finally I understood. I also enjoy talking with Marc on a personal level about his art.
· · I have found Marc to be very knowledgeable in every aspect of art. I am very interested in history and he has been able to teach me about different artists and their techniques. Marc is not judgmental and is very easy to talk to. I would recommend him as a teacher to anyone.
· Oil Painting · In studio I took several lessons with Marc and found him to be an excellent instructor. He was patient, and non-judgmental which was important to me as I am a beginner. I would recommend Marc with no reservations.
· · Marc is an extremely talented painter with a patient, calm demeanor. I highly recommend Marc as an instructor for all ages and abilities.