- Levels Taught:
I provide instructional direction using templates and thin paper. I recommend dual brush markers made by Tomboy.
It is expected that the following tools are used:
Tomboy Dual Brush pens
Flat surface ie. Masonite board, wooden board or plastic sheet.
Stratford tracing paper.
- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
- May 2010
Dedicated art professional with 18 years of experience in creating artwork utilizing various medias. In my early years I worked as an outsider artist giving watercolor lessons for Susan Edwards of the artist place called "The Art Attack in Sycamore Illinois. After some years of painting and displaying my work at outdoor art shows and inside some stores i went to Northern Illinois University and obtained my Bachelor of Fine Art in painting. I have joined art leagues and art guilds near where I live. I recommend the Kishwaukee Valley Art League and the Rockford Art guild. There i learned how to reach children and adults on how to get interested in painting. Strong competency in teaching and leading aspiring artists in group or individualized settings. In order to become a better artist you learn by drawing in a sketchbook from photos i will assign every two weeks. If you think they are good then you will redraw them in a journal. We will critique them by email and make wonderful discoveries on how you are getting very good at becoming an artist.
Inside my art studio I have had artists stick to my belief that a sketchbook and a journal with pencils is the best way to improve.
Happy Drawing and remember my favorite words "Just Paint"!
Artist at Store 2065, Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts 714 Commons Drive, Geneva , IL 60134 Artist instructor for Drawing, Painting, Acrylic, Watercolor, and Caligraphy with Tomboy Brush Markers. Sign up at Joann.com or come into the store today. website stores.joann.com/il/geneva/2065Show More
• Use materials such as pencil and ink, watercolors, charcoal and oil to create artwork.
• Confer with students and other interested parties regarding the nature and content of artwork to be produced.
• Explain and demonstrate artistic techniques for clients of all ages.
• Collaborate, gather materials and design curriculum for art workshops in the community:
o Charcoal Over Watercolor Workshop, Cortland Public Library
o Watercolor Workshop, Sandwich Public Library
o Acrylic Painting Workshop, Lovington Library
o Self-Portraits in Charcoal Workshop, Hope Welty Public Library
o Mixed Media Black Ink Over Gouache Workshop, Sycamore Library
o Oil Pastel Workshop “Beekle, The Imaginary Friend”, Lovington Library
o Watercolor Workshop, Atwood-Hammond Library
• Providing professional framing services for art workshop clientele
• Art brokering and marketing art material at various shows including:
• Sales, Murals Advertising and Promotional Artwork
Grumbacher Art Instructor Certification Test 2018
CPR and First Aid
• CPR Mercy Health System Training Center, August 29, 2017
• First Aid Mercy Health System Training Center, August 29, 2017
• Mandated Reporter Dept. of Children and Family Services, September 30, 2017
• IDHS CCAP Training, September 31, 2017
David is an excellent artist who has years of experience in teaching art. I have been a student for 3 years and I have come so far as an artist. David has taught me how to see the world in a different light. I have and would recommend anybody who has an interest in art to take lessons from David. He is able to take anybody with the passion to become the artist they strive to be. He is an amazing teacher!Show More
Clear , easy to follow online instructions . Great original subject choice . I would highly recommend David as a tutor . I must add he is a very talented and original style artist .
David worked hard to teach my Grandson the fundamentals of drawing and painting. David made the lessons fun and interesting!