- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate
My philosophy is that everyone has creative capabilities and can benefit from exploring that side of themselves. There are many ways to express yourself with arts and crafts. Doing so can provide you with confidence, satisfaction, and a better understanding of yourself. Whether you are a complete beginner or are looking to expand your abilities, I'm excited to help you on your journey.
With my lessons you can expect:
1. Tailored Lessons --I will discuss with you what you hope to get out of the lessons and work from there. I will also ask for feedback as we progress and make any adjustments necessary to ensure that you are getting what you need from me. If you aren't sure what you want and just want direction from me, I can do that too.
2. Patience--after raising 4 children (the youngest is 13) I have had a lot of practice being patient! I happy to explain things multiple times and find what method works for you. Whatever it takes.
3. Specific Instruction--I teach concrete & practical techniques to help you achieve a higher skill level.
4. Extended learning--I provide supplemental materials, such as examples, key concept reference, practice exercises, etc.
Thanks for taking a look at my profile. I hope to hear from you!
- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
I have been passionate about art and crafting since I was very young. I majored in art during high school and after graduation I attended the Columbus College of Art for 1 1/2 years. I was not able to complete my fine Arts degree there because of life events. I ended up starting a family and now have four children. I stayed home with my children and homeschooled them for 12 years. I created the curriculum myself, using various resources. Three of my children have completed post-secondary education and are doing well on their own--so I feel confident in my ability to teach others. Also, when my children were old enough I managed to go back to school and get my Bachelor's degree in General Studies. Through all of this I continued to find outlets for my creativity.
A few years ago, I quit my job as a library clerk to pursue my dream of making money with my creative abilities. My business has evolved from custom sewing to making jewelry, home decor, accessories, and art. I sell my work on Etsy and at craft fairs. I started giving lessons because I enjoy teaching and love to help others explore their creativity.
I handcraft jewelry, accessories, & home decor and sell them online and in craft shows through my business--Capricious By Design. I'm also working on an art portfolio so I can expand into art shows and galleries.
You can checkout my Capricious By Design Facebook page here:
My FB business page for lessons is here:
My Etsy shop is here: