Is it time to feel some happy vibes and boost your mood? In this article, singing teacher Liz T. put together a list of feel good songs that make you happy, old and new, to have you smiling in no time!
Happiness is the reason the world goes ’round, right? But, sometimes life throws its challenges and it’s hard to smile. That’s when a playlist of happy songs can come in handy!
Listening to happy and upbeat songs isn’t just for boosting your mood – it’s also an effective short-term solution for increasing productivity. Did you know you can increase your productivity by 12% if you’re happy? If that sounds too good to be true, listen to a few below as you work or study and see what happens!
The following songs range from the 1940s up until now, which means we’ve got happy tunes for every generation. Take a look at our list and create your perfect happy song playlist!
You might also be interested in: Your Official Road Trip Playlist: 150+ Songs Everyone Knows
What Are the Best Songs That Make You Happy?
Here are 75 of our favorite happiest songs sorted by release year.
Songs That Make You Happy (New)
If you’re into new music, tunes from 2011 to today, these happy songs should be right up your alley. We’ve got Juice by Lizzo, an immediate confidence booster, and so much more!
75. Icecream by BLACKPINK with Selena Gomez
74. Shivers by Ed Sheeran
73. Juice by Lizzo
72. Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
71. Best Day of My Life by American Authors
70. Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO
69. Don’t Worry by Madcon feat Ray Dalton
68. Price Tag by Jessie J feat B.o.B
67. Mr. Saxobeat by Alexandra Stan
66. Troublemaker by Olly Murs feat. Flo Rida
65. Happy by Pharrell Williams
64. Get Lucky by Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams
63. Go For It by CRUISR
Did you know there are tons of benefits to music on the brain for people of all ages? Read all about it here!
Songs That Make You Happy (Early 2000s)
Who doesn’t love Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus? These happy upbeat songs come from a variety of genres, but they’re all worth checking out if you want to feel good!
62. Just Got Paid by *NSYNC
61. Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus
60. Are You Gonna Be My Girl by Jet
59. Feeling Good by Michael Buble
58. Beautiful Day by U2
57. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield
56. Baby by Justin Beiber feat. Ludacris
55. Hey Ya by Outkast
54. Bubbly by Colbie Caillat
53. The Remedy (I Won’t Worry) by Jason Mraz
52. Come On Over (All I Want is You) by Christina Aguilera
51. Independent Women Pt. I by Destiny’s Child
50. Hot Hot Hot by The Merrymen
49. Music by Madonna
48. Who Let the Dogs Out by Baha Men
Songs That Make You Happy (1990s)
From iconic songs like Macarena to Jennifer Lopez’s energetic Let’s Get Loud, we’ve got all sorts of happy music on this list.
47. All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow
46. O Happy Day from Sister Act
45. Macarena by Los Del Rio
44. Spice Up Your Life by Spice Girls
43. Let’s Get Loud by Jennifer Lopez
42. You Light Up My Life by LeAnn Rimes
41. MMMBop by Hanson
40. All Star by Smash Mouth
39. Steal My Sunshine by LEN
38. Mambo No.5 (A Little Bit of…) by Lou Bega
37. Livin’ La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin
Songs That Make You Happy (1980s)
The ’80s knew what they were doing in music! It’s easy to find a few favorite happy songs from this decade.
36. Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves
35. Don’t Worry be Happy by Bobby McFerrin\
34. Fame by Irene Cara
33. Footloose by Kenny Loggins
32. Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey
31. Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles
30. Love Shack by the B52’s
29. The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson
28. Build Me Up Buttercup by The Foundations
27. 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton
Songs That Make You Happy (1970s)
Songs like Isn’t She Lovely by Stevie Wonder never get old. These tunes from the ‘70s are instant mood boosters!
26. Lovely Day by Bill Withers
25. This Will Be by Natalie Cole
24. September by Earth Wind and Fire
23. YMCA by The Village People
22. Isn’t She Lovely by Stevie Wonder
21. Dancing Queen by ABBA
20. Sunshine On My Shoulders by John Denver
19. You Are the Sunshine of My Life by Stevie Wonder
18. Love Train by The O’Jays
17. Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen
Songs That Make You Happy (1960s)
Feel good instantly with songs like I Feel Good by James Brown!
16. I Wanna Hold Your Hand by The Beatles
15. What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
14. Happy Days Are Here Again by Barbra Streisand
13. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrel
12. Happy Together by The Turtles
11. Wouldn’t It Be Nice by the Beach Boys
10. The Lion Sleeps Tonight by The Tokens
9. I’m a Believer by The Monkees
8. I Want You Back by Jackson 5
7. I Feel Good by James Brown
6. My Girl by The Temptations
Songs That Make You Happy (1940s & 1950s)
We had to include a few real oldies but goodies to our list. Enjoy!
5. Blue Skies by Frank Sinatra
4. Goodnight Irene by Leadbelly
3. Unforgettable by Nat King Cole
2. Great Balls of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis
1. The Best is Yet to Come by Frank Sinatra
Enjoy Songs That Make You Happy!
There you have it – 75 feel good songs that make you happy! We recommend making a playlist of your favorite songs which make you happy to listen to when you need a pick-me-up. Or, save this article for later to refer back to when you need some happy songs.
Want to learn how to write your own songs? Book a songwriting lesson!
Have other favorite songs that make you happy? Comment below and share with us!
Liz T. teaches singing, acting, and music lessons online. She is a graduate of the Berklee College of Music with a B.M in Vocal performance and currently performs/teaches all styles of music including Musical Theater, Classical, Jazz, Rock, Pop, R&B, and Country. Learn more about Liz here!