Looking for easy crafts for kids? If your child loves music, you’ve come to the right place. Below, we’ve complied a list of our favorite music activities and easy, DIY musical crafts your family will love to create.
You’ll find a link to the original post with instructions, as well as the level of difficultly, ranging from music activities your preschooler can do to more advanced, adults-only projects to decorate your home. Enjoy!
Musical Crafts for Kids
These crafts are perfect for kids, from DIY music-makers to fun decorations!
1. Recycled Outdoor Music Station via My Nearest and Dearest
Recycle cans and mason jars for fun outdoor play!
2. Homemade Kids Drums via A School of Fish
Let the kids make and decorate their own drums for a marching band.
Level: Very Easy
3. Fancy Shaker Eggs via Mama Smiles
Plastic eggs filled with various items create noisemakers for little hands.
Level: Very Easy
4. Cardboard Guitar via Makedo
Channel your favorite rockstar with this DIY guitar!
5. PVC Pipe Xylophone via Frugal Fun for Boys
This large-scaled xylophone requires some space, but is a super fun instrument to play around with!
6. Cardboard Castanets via Whimsy Love
Cardboard and buttons make a child-sized castanet.
7. Tin Can Howler via Housing a Forest
All you need is a string and a tin can for this fun howler.
8. Easy Trumpet Craft via Preschool Crafts for Kids
Practice your best marching band steps with this easy DIY trumpet!
9. African Drums via DLTK Crafts for Kids
Practice rhythm with these easy to make and fun to design African drums.
10. DIY Masquerade Mask via Circle City Creations
Stretch your artistic side with these decorated masks.
11. Rainbow Xylophone via And Next Comes L
Wood, window casings, and paint create a giant rainbow xylophone.
12. Do Re Mi Bottle via Life with Moore Babies
Discover different pitches with this colored water craft.
13. Painted Stick Instrument via Twodaloo
Natural materials and craft supplies combine to make a unique instrument from ancient times.
14. Rain Stick via Frogs Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
A mailing tube combined with a few other items create the sound of rain.
15. Shaker Toys via The Educators’ Spin On It
Use a variety of containers and ingredients to explore different sounds.
16. Homemade Kazoo via Buggy and Buddy
Common kitchen items come together to create a DIY kazoo.
17. Corn Shakers via Sow Sprout Play
This is a great project for sensory play and teaching rhythm.
18. Popsicle Stick and Paper Plate Kalimba via Kodaly and Orff Music Teacher’s blog
This is a fun, unique instrument your kids have probably never heard before.
19. Pin Strummers via Pi’ikea Street
Use bobby pins to create boings, pops, and other sounds!
20. Homemade Trumpet via All Done Monkey
All you need is cardboard tubes, poster board, and decorating materials for this easy craft.
21. Jingle Bells via Chasing Cheerios
Tiny bells and a cardboard tube create a fun shake stick – perfect for around the holidays!
22. Homemade French Horn via Savvy Homemade
Everyday items come together to make a fun French horn.
23. Noisemaker via Ganz World
Easy-to-make noisemakers perfect for New Years.
24. Wind Pipe Instrument via Laughing Kids Learn
This is a simple wind pipe that children can make in just a few minutes.
25. Paper Plate Tambourine via SheKnows
Simple items make fun tambourines!
26. Homemade Harmonica via Mess for Less
Popsicle sticks, paper, and rubber bands create a DIY harmonica.
27. Homemade Wind Chimes via Hands On As We Grow
Tin can that are decorated then assembled into custom wind chimes.
Crafts for Music-Loving Families
Want to spruce up your home with some more advanced crafts and DIY projects? Here are our favorite Pinterest-worthy ideas:
1. Sheet Music Candles via Can’t Stop Making Things
Learn how to make Pottery Barn lookalike candles with sheet music.
2. Guitar Shelf via Budget Girl
Make unique shelves for trinkets from an old or broken guitar.
3. Custom Envelopes via (Never) Homemaker
Create your own crafty envelopes from sheet music.
4. Broken Record Ombre Wall Art via Tattooed Martha
Turn old vinyl records into amazing décor your guests will love!
6. Vintage Record Dessert Stand via Bubby & Bean
Showcase your cupcakes or desserts with this adorable stand.
8. Sheet Music Coffee Table via A Diamond In the Stuff
Spruce up your coffee table with sheet music!
9. PVC Flute via the Widget Forge
Break out your toolbox and create your very own DIY flute.
10. Sheet Music Coasters via An Oregon Cottage
Use old sheet music to create unique drink coasters!
11. Record Album Cover Box Tutorial via Zombies Wearing Helmets
Stash items and keep your space organized with this retro-looking storage box made from old record covers.
12. Sheet Music Dresser via Miss Mustard Seed
Learn how to decoupage a dresser with sheet music here.
13. Sheet Music Gift Bags via Eclectically Vintage
Make gift bags from sheet music for a special gift!
14. DIY Vinyl Record Table via The Flourishing Abode
Save money by making your own accent table made out of old vinyl records.
15. Sheet Music Monograms via The Country Chic Cottage
Yet another sheet music craft idea to spruce up any room.
16. Paper Roses via Capitol Romance
Transform sheet music into paper roses with a vintage look.
17. Lined Jewelry Box via Crafting a Green World
Spruce up an old jewelry box by lining it with sheet music.
18. Sheet Music Shoe via Tales of a Trophy Wife
Cover your shoes in sheet music for a unique look.
19. Sheet Music Star Decorations via Sweet Something Designs
These make great decorations for the holidays!
20. Music Themed Door Wreath via Reloved Rubbish
Use old sheet music to make a stunning wreath.
21. Mosaic Bird Bath made from CDs via Me and My DIY
Repurpose old CDs to give your bird bath a cool mosaic look!
22. DIY Candle Holder via Lots of DIY
Grab some old CDs and marbles to make stunning candle holders.