Our online tools make booking, managing your schedule and paying for lessons easy and hassle-free.
Every teacher in our network completes a background check, ensuring a safe learning environment.
If for any reason you're not satisfied after your first lesson, we'll help you find another teacher or refund your entire purchase.
No matter where you live, chances are we can introduce you to an
amazing teacher in your neighborhood. You can take lessons in the
privacy of your own home or at your teacher's location. Start by
searching in your ZIP code to find teachers near you.
What if the teacher who best fits your needs is on the other side
of the country? No problem. Our online lesson platform connects
you with any teacher, anywhere. All you need is a reliable Internet
connection, a webcam, and a microphone.
Your search for the perfect teacher starts with the type of lesson and your ZIP code. All of our instructors complete background checks and are pre-screened...
Take some time to review the teachers in our network. All of our teachers provide detailed profiles, including information about their background, specialties, and teaching style. You can also read reviews from past and current students.
Select your teacher and book online. After you book, your teacher will contact you directly to talk about your first lesson and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Take your voice to the next level. Download free video tutorials to start singing like the star you are!
Getting Started with Music Lessons guides you through selecting a teacher & preparing for your first lesson.
Kickstart your guitar playing. Download free video tutorials to learn about chord progressions, strumming, and more!
Acting, Dance, Elementary Math, Guitar, Piano, Violin, Clarinet, Classical Guitar, Flute, Improv Acting, Jazz Dancing, Music Performance, Music Theory, Saxophone, Speaking Voice, Theater Acting, Theatrical Dance, Trumpet, Bassoon, Trombone, Viola
• I have over 20 years experience as a music teacher, conductor, theater/orchestra director and a performer in Russia, Norway and the United States.
• I possess excellent interpersonal skills and over the years developed the ability to communicate efficiently and connect with every student I teach.
• I am creative and enthusiastic while working with people of all ages.
• I have a reputation of being passionate about achieving professional goals.
09/08- Present NYC Board of Education, P.S. 48
• Band & Orchestra Director
• Teach children K-5 to play musical instruments in small groups and large ensembles
• Organize and perform Winter and Spring Concerts
02/08- Present Yakov's Music for Gifted & Talented, Inc, Brooklyn, NY
• Founder and Music Director
• Teach various musical instruments and vocal
06/07-06/08 Rockaway-Five Towns Symphony, Lynbrook, NY
• Music Director, Conductor
• Conducted weekly rehearsals (night) and 3-4 concerts during the concert season
10/03-06/08 Globe Institute of Technology, New York, NY
• Adjunct Professor of Music
06/07-08/07 JCC of Cherry Hill, NJ
• Musical Theater Director
• Taught acting, improvisation, singing. Produced musical shows.
10/06-06/07 JCH of Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NY
• Musical Theater Director
• Produced musical theater shows
• Taught students of ages 5-12 various vocal selections
09/00-06/07 NYC Board of Education, District 20, P.S.200; P.S.179
• Band / Orchestra Director
• Taught all woodwind, brass and percussion, violin, piano
05/99-06/06 School for Musical Performance, Brooklyn, NY
• Instructed students on Piano, Guitar, All string and wind instruments and vocals.
• Prepared students for the auditions to the prestigious schools and other music organizations.
1993-1997 St. Petersburg Radio Orchestra, Russia
• Principal Bassoonist
Other work experience:
• Performed as a bassoonist with The Kirov Opera & Ballet Theatre, the Mussorgsky Opera & Ballet Theatre, The St. Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra, The Chamber Opera Orchestra of St. Petersburg and other Symphony and Chamber orchestras of St. Petersburg, Russia
• Performed Solo Recitals in Russia, Poland, Norway and United States
06/98 The St. Petersburg Conservatory of Music, St. Petersburg, Russia
M.A. in Music: Major – Bassoon Performance; Minor – Conducting
06/91 The St. Petersburg College of Music named after Rimsky-Korsakov, Russia
B.A. with a Double Major in Orchestral Performance (Bassoon) and Music Education
Violin, Music Performance, Music Theory, Songwriting, Fiddle, Viola
The best violin teacher in Manhattan. I pride myself on my long years of experience, friendly attitude, never-ending patience but mostly my ability to get along with others while still be an exacting, effective teacher. I work based on results, which is exactly what you will experience after Lesson 1.
Violin, Music Theory, Viola
I graduated from Mannes College of Music with a BS in violin performance and a minor in psychology. While at Mannes, I was a student of Sally Thomas (Julliard School), and other primary teachers include Claudia Schaer, Amy Barlowe and Oscar Ravina. I have performed at every major concert hall in New York City, including Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, Weill Recital Hall, and Symphony Space. My performance schedule has also led me to solo appearances with the Rockland Summer Institute festival orchestra.
My past chamber music coaches include Ann Setzer, Peter Prosser, Chin Kim, Gena Raps, and members of both the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra and NY Philharmonic. I have also participated in masterclasses with Cho-Liang Lin, Pamela Frank, and Ida Kavafian. I am also a graduate of the Mannes Pre-College division Honors program and alumna of both the New York Youth Symphony and Meadowmount School of Music.
Currently, I am a registered teacher with the Suzuki Association of America and have completed Suzuki teacher training for books 1 - 8 at NYC's School for Strings, where I trained with Ekaterina Gerson and Allen Lieb. I have also completed additional violin and viola pedagogy studies with Ann Setzer of the Julliard School.
In addition, I completed both Music Mind Games Units 1 & 2 teacher training with Michiko Yurko in 2012. I incorporate this fun way of learning how to read and understand music theory into all of my lessons.
I have been teaching privately for over 10 years, and look forward to continuing to enrich other peoples' lives through music for years to come.
Piano, Violin, Viola
Hi, I'm Wayne! I've been teaching violin and piano for over ten years, both privately and in public schools. During that time, I've continued to refine my ability to help students master their instruments quickly and efficiently, while having lots of fun at the same time!
I received my Master's degree at the New England Conservatory of Music, one of the most prestigious music schools in the country. There, I learned to further develop my listening and playing abilities, and I hope to pass down these skills to my own students.
Join me in making some amazing music!
Violin, Cello, Music Theory, Viola
I received my Bachelors Degree in Viola Performance in 2010 from Syracuse University and my Associates Degree in Violin Performance at Onondaga Community College (originally a violinist). I absolutely love music and want my students to love it too! I am always impressed to see how music positively affects people in their day to day lives. I am patient, versatile, and can work with the most casual beginner, to an advanced student who may want to take college auditions (Advanced students for violin and viola; beginner cello only). I currently teach about forty students as well as perform locally. I sub for Binghamton Philharmonic and Symphoria and play with the North Jersey Symphony. I am willing to drive up to a 15 mile radius but do not go into the city. I especially love animals, children, coffee, and books.
Piano, Violin, Cello, Viola
Having amassed a wealth of experience through numerous musical avenues, Adrienne J. is a truly versatile musician. Through her work with West African drumming, Sundanese Gamelan and various orchestras and chamber ensembles, Adrienne has played a wide variety of instruments with an equally wide variety of performers.
- Master Classes for Violin, Carnegie Mellon University
- Participant in University of Pittsburgh Gamelan Ensemble, Chamber Music & Orchestra, Pittsburgh
- Philip Glass – Metamorphosis, Erik Satie – Trois Gnossiennes, University of Pittsburgh
- Cellist, Thursday Noon Recital, University of Pittsburgh
- Cellist, Orchestral Ensemble, Chatham University
"Steven is very professional and extremely helpful. He always has a smile on and is serious about helping you phrase the music. I would highly recommend him to anyone."
"It's been really exciting so far! Jordan has been so helpful, so knowledgeable. I could not have found a better instructor and I'm getting better and better every day."
"My daughter's wedding was weeks away and I had never been able to dance a step. With Jenny's help, I came further than ever before in such short time in any subject."