Our online tools make booking, managing your schedule and paying for lessons easy and hassle-free.
Access and compare detailed information about teaching style, experience, education, and more.
If for any reason you're not satisfied after your first lesson, we'll help you find another teacher or refund your entire purchase.
No matter where you live, chances are we can introduce you to an
amazing teacher in your neighborhood. You can take lessons in the
privacy of your own home or at your teacher's location. Start by
searching in your ZIP code to find teachers near you.
What if the teacher who best fits your needs is on the other side
of the country? No problem. Our online lesson platform connects
you with any teacher, anywhere. All you need is a reliable Internet
connection, a webcam, and a microphone.
Your search for the perfect teacher starts with the subject you'd like to learn and your ZIP code. From the list of recommended teachers, compare detailed information about each option before you make your teacher selection.
Take some time to review the teachers in our network. All of our teachers provide detailed profiles, including information about their background, specialties, and teaching style. You can also read reviews from past and current students.
Select your teacher and book online. After you book, your teacher will contact you directly to talk about your first lesson and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Accompaniment, Art Theory, Audition Prep, Basic Math, Classical Piano, Ear Training, Elementary Math, English, ESL, Korean, Language, Music Performance, Music Theory, Piano, Social Studies, Spelling, Study Skills, Vocabulary, Yoga
Hello, this is my resume!
Professional Experience : The Victoria Conservatory of Music, Victoria BC Canada. Student assistant helper, September 2009 - May 2013
• When responsible teachers were away from their positions, I helped their students with technical difficulties, musicianship, as well as basic music theory. I helped them to be successful in their grades, and some of them actually got distinction which is the grade above 90%. I also helped them to win small prices in a town's piano competitions.
Pianist and student performer, September 2009 - May 2013
• I was frequently asked to perform at the "Saturday noon concerts" which I played variety of works for the audience. I also had several solo recitals. In addition to being a solo performer, I was also a member of "The Collegium" which is a chamber group responsible for raising gifted musicians. Moreover, I was also often asked to perform at the Greater Victoria Performing Art Festival's honor's concerts for winners. I was actually selected to represent Victoria under my "intermediate piano" category.
• I Participated and completed “Piano Master Courses” sponsored by Victoria Conservatory of Music with Walter Prossnitz, Margaret Fingerhut, Andre Laplante, Robert Holliston, Jamie Syer, David Jalbert, Bruce Vogt, Arthur Rowe, Catherine Ordronneau, Michelle Mares, Lorraine Min.
Scholarship and Awards
- Silver prize (Ilsan International Piano Competition))
- Senior Classical, Senier French: Award and Cup - Greater Victoria Performing Arts Festival
- Senior Concerto Award - Greater Victoria Performing Arts Festival
- Senior Piano : Nathan Geminiano Memorial Cup and Award
- Senior Piano 20th/21st Centuries, Concerto, Duet - Greater Victoria Performing Arts Festival
- Carl Weiselberger Scholarship - Victoria Conservatory of Music
- Open 20th/ 21st Centuries award - Greater Victoria Performing Arts Festival
- Millicent Lavoy Piano Scholarship - Victoria Conservatory of Music Education: The Cleveland Institute of Music, Cleveland, Ohio, United States Aug 2013 - Present
• Although I'm an international student from Seoul, South Korea, my English is great enough to communicate with children when teaching. I've learn how to teach young musicians, and I know how to manage teaching difficulties. I also teach music harmony, ear training, sight singing, along with piano performing education. I love working with children who are in love with music or are passionate about embracing the music as a part of their lives. I love to teach children how music works and why music is so significant in our lives.
Basically, I first look at your level and needs. Depends on your background of musicianship, I usually try to help you with the fundamentals of piano so when you go to the advanced levels, you will not be scared of music! I want to help you with creating your own music. I'm not teaching you in my way. I always look for your demands and follow the way you want me to teach.
Hey~ I'm funny, creative, and passionate about your music and the process of your improvement. If I can be helpful to you, that's more than anything. I always want to help you if you have any questions about piano.. Piano is generally very challenging. However, I will help you to learn and be able to play beautiful music!!! Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
I also teach Math, test prep, audition repertoires, social science, and other academic courses.
Acoustic Guitar, Arrangement and Composition, Audio Engineering, Guitar, Korean, Music Performance, Music Recording, Pro Tools Software, Songwriting, Synthesizer
David is an NYC-based music producer, songwriter, and guitarist with over 15 years of experience in record production and performance. Over the years, he has worked with a number of the industry’s top artists and producers such as Gwen Stefani, Linda Perry, Lamont Dozier, Ron Saint Germain, Kara DioGuardi, Gala, and Malcolm Burn.
As a songwriter and producer, David has become recognized for his ability to work with a wide range of musical styles. Over the years, his music has been used in over 30 TV programs worldwide such as History Channel, VH1, MTV, National Geographic, A&E, Animal Planet, Clean House-Style Network, PGA Tour, Cold Case Files, NFL Network, Guiding Light, Coming Out Stories- Logo, Flipping Out-CNBC, Hogan Knows Best, E News Daily, Fox Sports, Wounded Warriors, Bravo, and more.
As a guitarist, David has toured and shared stages with artists such as Gwen Stefani, Eve, Mozella, Life House, Pete Yorn, Hanson, and Ben Jelen and performed on The 2005 Grammy Music Awards, 2014 Sochi Olympics, The 2004 American Music Awards, The 2004 Billboard Music Awards, The Royal Variety Show, Good Morning America, MTV European Music Awards, Saturday Night Live, David Letterman, MTV TRL, The Ellen Degeneres Show, and Jimmy Kimmel Live.
*** Lesson Details ***
Teach basic fundamentals and focus on the students goals in music while trying to bringing out the best in them. Most of all, always have fun.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Entire Gibson Guitar Collection, Chandler Mic Pres, Chandler Compressors, Drawmer 1960 EQ+Compressor, Neumann U87 Mics, AKG 414s, Royer 121, Pro Tools, Slingerland Drum Kits.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Mac Pro, Mbox2, M audio Oxygen Midi Controller, Zoom Player.
*** Specialties ***
Acoustic & Electric Guitars, Finger Picking, Folk Music, Classic Rock, Modern Rock, Punk Rock, Funk, R&B, and Great with Kids.
Abstract Painting, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Algebra, Algebra 1, Drawing, ESL, Flute, Korean, Oil Painting, Painting, Photography, Watercolor Painting
All levels and ages are welcome
ACT, ACT Math, ACT Test Prep, Algebra, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Basic Math, Calculus, Cycling, Elementary Math, English, ESL, GED Test Prep, Geometry, Korean, Math, Pre Algebra, Pre Calculus, SAT, SSAT, Statistics, Study Skills, Test Prep, Trigonometry
I have taught secondary math since 1999, including Foundational Math, Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus, and Statistics.
Acoustic Guitar, ACT Math, Algebra, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, AP Biology, Ballroom Dance, Basic Math, Bible Studies, Biology, Cell Biology, Chess, Christian Gospel, Elementary Math, English, ESL, Gaming, Guitar, Korean, Math, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Pre Algebra, Pre Calculus, Reading, Science, Soccer, Spelling, TOEFL, Trigonometry, Violin, Vocabulary, Writing, Zoology
I have majorly been tutoring younger people k-6, but I've also tutored highschool students as well
"Steven is very professional and extremely helpful. He always has a smile on and is serious about helping you phrase the music. I would highly recommend him to anyone."
"It's been really exciting so far! Jordan has been so helpful, so knowledgeable. I could not have found a better instructor and I'm getting better and better every day."
"My daughter's wedding was weeks away and I had never been able to dance a step. With Jenny's help, I came further than ever before in such short time in any subject."