Brentwood Language Lessons
Looking for private in-home or in-studio lessons? Our Brentwood teachers are ready to get you started. Find your teacher today!
Search for a teacher
Compare hundreds of teachers based on the criteria that matter to you, including background checks, age and experience.
Schedule your lessons
When you've found the perfect match, schedule your lessons online using the teacher's real-time availability.
Connect with your teacher
Your teacher will welcome you with a personalized curriculum to meet your specific goals and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Zero travel time is great for a busy schedule.
Typically priced lower than local lessons.
Online students stick with lessons as long as local students.
Ms. Lin is very professional and works well with people of all ages and levels. I have observed her teaching my children, who are beginners, every week and she is able to be playful with them and firm at the same time, making their learning fun. As for her ability to teach an adult like myself (an intermediate level with experience living in China), she has extensive knowledge of the Chinese language and culture and is able to make learning such a difficult language interesting and simple. She is also very patient, reliable and organized. Most importantly, Ms. Lin is very passionate about teaching Chinese. Such passion, combining with her knowledge of the subject, especially makes learning exciting and stimulating."
And they're not alone!
Our teachers have taught
lessons and counting!
View Full Profile
He has directed instrumental music at Sunrise Community Church in Fair Oaks, CA, and directed the worship ministry at Escalon Covenant Church in Escalon, CA.
Aaron has been teaching private lessons since 2007, and has been teaching marching percussion at high schools since 2008. His students students have earned college music scholarships, honor band seats, and professional performances, and the winter percussion ensemble he taught won first place at NCBA Championships.
Aaron has a broad range of musical experiences including performances in rock bands, R&B bands, drum corps
As a timpanist and percussionist, Aaron has been an extra member of the Stockton Chorale Society Orchestra. As a drummer, Aaron has worked professionally in the pit at Magic Circle Theater company in Roseville, CA. As a bass guitarist, Aaron performed professionally with Sacramento area jazz guitarist Greg Perkins. As a guitarist, Aaron has led worship and played on worship teams.
Aaron also taught middle school English and Computer Applications in Stockton, CA, and has worked as a private tutor and substitute teacher of all subjects, K-12.
*** Lesson Details ***
More lesson times may be available. Please call if other arrangements are needed.**
-- The most important thing to know about lessons with Aaron is that you will receive a customized experience tailored to fit your musical desires and goals. He will work to understand your desires in music, and will use existing materials and generate new materials to challenge you and help them you reach your goals.
Some common goals Aaron has worked with are:
- Preparing for an Audition
- Starting a band with friends
- Learning music for a school band/percussion ensemble
- Personal enrichment/ better understanding of music
- Exploring career possibilities
- Improving technical ability
**** Aaron's guiding principles are: 1. Music is vitally useful and Important in society! Music brings joy to the multitude, and enhances expression for its artists.
2. Anyone can be a musician! Every student has unlimited potential, and it is Aaron's desire to unlock that potential, allowing my students to succeed in music.
3. Music should be fun! Too many instructors stick to the gritty business of method books. While this has its place, Aaron knows that it is only a small part of music. Music is meant to be fun, and Aaron makes the learning process fun and exciting at every stage by incorporating the interests of his students.
4. Hard work should always be rewarded! Aaron is always positive with his students and celebrates their accomplishments continually.
5. Music is what you make it! Whatever your desires and goals in music, Aaron will help you to achieve them. All musical aspirations are valid and valuable. Whether you want to be a rock star, a concert timpanist or just to make music with friends and family, he will equip you with the tools you need to get there.
6. Proper technique and musical knowledge empower musicians! Whatever your goals, starting with good technique and understanding the music you play will keep you from injury and promote your success.
7. Listening is vital to understanding music! Aaron's students listen to and analyze recordings of music they like to gain insight and understanding to how the music works. Aaron encourages his students to play along with recordings to work on the organic elements of music which cannot be gained from dry academic study. Guitarists will start with either an acoustic guitar or electric guitar & practice amp. They will also need a metronome, tuner, and notebook. They will learn to read music, tablature, and chord symbols, and they will learn to play melodies, riffs, and chords in the style(s) they prefer.
-- Bass Guitarists will start with a bass guitar and an amp. They will also need a metronome, tuner, and notebook. They will learn to read music and tablature and play bass grooves and solos in the style(s) they prefer. Drummers and percussionist will generally start with a pair of sticks and a practice pad, learning the basic techniques of drumming for the first 6-12 weeks, and will move on to drum set or percussion instruments as they demonstrate proper technique. They will also need a metronome and notebook. They will learn to read and play music in the style(s) they prefer.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Drums/Percussion: Drum Sets, Practice Pad, Vibraphone, Percussion Instruments, Music Stands.
Guitar: Practice Amp, Music Stands.
Bass: Bass Guitar Amp, Music Stands.
Recording: Microphones, Mic Stands, Clips and Cables, M-Audio Multitrack Interface, GarageBand 11, Studio Accessories.
*** Specialties ***
Jazz, Rock, Popular, Funk, Classical, Chamber Music, Gospel & Worship Music; Extended Cross Grip, Burton Grip, Stevens Grip, French Grip, German Grip; Drum Set, Timpani, Vibraphone, Marimba, Marching Snare Drum, Marching Tenor Drums, Cymbals, Triangle, Tambourine, Shakers, Congas, Cajon, Djembe.
· Piano · In studio
· Piano · In home
· Drum · In studio
View Full Profile
My class is designed in a student-friendly way. I will always discuss your learning goals and expectations at the very beginning; I believe a mutual understanding of the big picture between the student and the teacher will serve a good start. I enjoy exchanging ideas with my students in the class and le
Course benefits include:
- 1-on-1, or 1-on-more tailor-made executive private tutoring lessons
- Most flexible option and suited to busy lifestyles
- Having lessons on your preferred timetable
- Focusing solely on your learning requirements and obstacles
- Opportunities to practice in the class with timely feedback
Now I am accepting new students in my private violin / Chinese class.
· Violin · In studio
· Violin · In studio
· Violin · In home
I can help you improve your grades or advance your career. I have a great deal of experience working with ESL learners, including speakers of Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese and Korean.
I can teach you how to write effective essays, academic papers, business presentations, website copy, marketing material, correspondence, emails, business plans, executive summaries, resumes, and many other types of writing. I have helped my students prepare successfully for the TOEFL, TOEIC, and a number of other exams. I'm also available for quick editing and proofreading assignments.
If you're a law or paralegal student, I can teach substantive legal topics, legal writing and research skills, and exam prep. I ca
Contact me, and I'll design a tutoring plan that best suits your needs!
If you select me as a tutor, please contact me before scheduling a specific lesson date and time, if possible. It's easier for both of us to confirm times in advance!
· LSAT · Online
View Full Profile
I graduated from Cornell University in Electrical & Computer Engineering, with a minor in Music. While in college, I was President of the Cornell Piano Society.
· Piano · In home
· Songwriting · In home
· Python · In home
While I love a good challenge, it's still heartbreaking to be approached by students (or parents of students) who earn A's and B's at school, but can't earn 850 on the SAT, or who take an ESL course, but can't (or are afraid) to speak English (when nece
To help personalize your experiences and ensure relevance of sessions:
1. Written and oral assessments are used to gauge your strengths and weaknesses.
2. Periodic quizzes are administered; their regularity depends on the how often you meet with me.
3. Exit exams are administered at the end of your programs.
All I ask is that you are ready to:
1. Shift your priorities, and invest adequate time and energy into getting the results you really want.
2. Be on time.
3. Openly communicate your needs, pleasures, and nots.
4. Understand that while you may notice improvements as early as the first session, total success will take time.
I have a degree in English (with special emphasis on secondary education), and an ESL certification. My 10+ years in the educational arena, and ongoing professional development, have taught me the importance of helping students shift from lower- to higher-order thinking, which is really only coaching you to learn to want to think about the synergy of things, before deciding and acting on them. Primarily, I teach English and language arts at the secondary and post-secondary levels (i.e., middle schoolers, high schoolers, and adults), but I have a knack for teaching math and algebra, so I offer lessons in those areas, as well. Prepping students for standardized tests -- GRE, SAT, ACT, HSPT, CBEST, CSET: English -- is a love a mine, too.
Whether for summer or winter enrichment, test prep, help with the naturalization exam, or just a general safety net, be sure to contact me, and we can determine how to work together to create the results you or your child need.
Peace and best,
P.S., Be sure to bring all of who you are to your sessions. Creased, crumpled, crimped, or saggy: I don't care. Just be ready to do better.
· · In studio
I am grateful for Kenisha's attention to detail, and excellent follow-up which helped my grand-daughter organize her work, and believe in herself.
· SAT · In studio
I hold a Masters Degree in Education with an emphasis in Bilingual/Bicultural Education. Prior to earning my masters degree, I was a bilingual educator for six years. In addition, I have conducted research in language acquisition and math and have been trained using research based learning strategies. I also hold a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering and worked six years in this field.
I work with students all ages. I am available for homework, homeschooling, and enrichment activities. Before meeting with my students, I gather the ne
I have worked with students with special needs including, learning disabled, ADHD and gifted and talented. When planning my lessons, I make sure that the activities included are appropriate for the student and use students feedback in future planning.
View Full Profile
I have toured extensively in North America, Europe, and Asia. I'm big in Guam (no joke...ask me about it)!
I am also a PhD candidate in history (modern China) at UC Berkeley and I offer Mandarin Chinese lessons at a reasonable rate.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio
· Guitar · In home
I build up the lesson plans based on the students need. I can teach beginners, intermediate and advance levels.
Thank you, and all the best with your Hindi learning adventure.
View Full Profile
View Full Profile
When you're taking Korean lessons, it's great to have some study materials to supplement your learning. Here Korean teacher Keulin H. shares the best books to help you learn how to speak Korean... Interested in learning Korean, but not sure where to start? A comprehensive, thorough Korean book can help you learn the basics. Because Korean pronunciation is quite different than English, it's essential to enlist the help of a Korean language teacher. If you can, try to find someone who is … Read More