New York Visual Arts Lessons for Seniors
In person or online. We've got everything you need to get started and stay motivated!
A Better Way to Learn
Teaches students 7 and up
Teaching since 2002
B.S. Art Education from Hofstra University
Matthew M.Book Now
I am a teaching artist with 15+ years of instructional experience. As a NYS-certified art teacher and MFA recipient in painting and drawing, I am qualified to work with any age or ability level.
Whether you're a parent looking to quench your child's thirst to be creative, or an adult interested in taking your art practice to the next level, I will be able to help any student hone their skills and reach their goals.
Most importantly, I strive to instill my love for making and appreciating art in all of my students, and cater to their individual needs and skill levels through a progressive teaching model.
I'm an artist based in Greenpoint, Brooklyn and make work that investigates the painting process. I earned a BS in art Education from Hofstra University and hold an MFA in Painting from CUNY Queens College. My work has been included in various exhibitions around the United States including Sardine
Speaks English, Tamil, Spanish, French, IPA
Teaching since 2007
BS Economics from Texas A&M
.• 10+ years of teaching, training, & tutoring experience.
• Tutoring for many undergraduate courses in math/statistics & economics/econometrics, as well as select courses in biology, physics, social sciences, computer science, systems engineering, and other subjects / areas. Select graduate course assistance offered as well.
• Tutoring for GRE/GMAT and SAT/ACT offered with individualized gameplan/schedule.
• Help with high school and middle school curriculum in math, quantitative sciences, social sciences, writing. Help with IB & AP classes and corresponding exams.
• National Merit Scholar & several (10+) AP Tests in High School.
• Will give personal scores upon request.
EXPERIENCE [Specifics] • 10+ years of teaching, training, & tutoring experience. • Tutoring for many undergraduate courses in math/statistics & economics/econometrics, as well as select courses in biology, physics, social sciences, computer science, systems engineering, and other subjects /
Certificate in Studio Acting from American Musical and Dramatic Academy
Teaches students 7 and up
Teaching since 2017
Hello! I am a trained, working actor with real world experience. Anything else you need to know, if you're looking for a lesson for yourself, is in the class description. Thanks! Now if you are a parent, let me direct you to the babysitting agency Pinch Sitters, on whose website you can see that I
Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies from Stephen F. Austin State University
Teaches Beginner, Intermediate
Teaches students 5 and up
Angela M.Book Now
Depending on level we start with the basics and work our way up. There are NO mistakes in painting and I have 15 years experience, so I'm very patient. We work through what the student wants to achieve and go from there. I specialize in abstract and fluid painting.
Hi and HELLO!! Wanna learn how to take chances and reach your creative side? Then I'm the one for you! I specialize in abstract art, especially fluid painting, and have taught all ages. I have also used painting as therapy for children with emotional issues. I will use the skills you already posses
Speaks English, Korean
Teaches Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Teaching since 2000
Experienced fashion designer and illustrator of 9 years available to teach eager students of all experience, levels and ages! I adjust and build my lesson structure so students learn what they are interested in and want to learn, while building strong foundations of basic sketching in different mediums such as pencil, ink, paint, charcoal and mixed media. The subject of illustration can be catered to whatever the student's interest is in.
Hello! My name is Sylvia and I'm here to help you learn a new skill or master it to a new level! I've been teaching private lessons since 2001 and am currently available to teach lessons at your home, at the public library, in my studio and online. I have loved helping my students with education cl
Teaches students 5 and up
Awarded Certificate of Appreciation from The Alzheimer's Association Illinois Chapter
BFA Fine Art Painting from Northern Illinois University
• Use materials such as pens and ink, watercolors, charcoal and oil to create artwork.
• Confer with clients and other interested parties regarding the nature and content of artwork to be produced.
• Explain and demonstrate artistic techniques for clients of all ages.
• Collaborate, gather materials and design curriculum for art workshops in the community:
o Charcoal Over Watercolor Workshop
o Watercolor Workshop
o Acrylic Painting Workshop
o Self-Portraits in Charcoal Workshop
o Mixed Media Black Ink Over Gouache Workshop
o Oil Pastel Workshop “Beekle, The Imaginary Friend”
• Providing professional framing services for art workshop clientele
• Art brokering and marketing art material at various shows including:
o Art Show- Prairie Arts Festival, Schaumburg, 5-28-2017
• Sales, Murals Advertising and Promotional Artwork
Dedicated art professional with 18 years of experience in creating artwork utilizing various medias. In my early years I worked as an outsider artist giving watercolor lessons for Susan Edwards of the artist place called "The Art Attack in Sycamore Illinois. After some years of painting and displa
Connect Locally or Online
How It Works
Here's why 2 million people a month use TakeLessons
Educating the World
- Easy and Hassle-Free
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Background Checked Teachers
- Over 3 Million Lessons Given
As a student of art, you can explore everything from watercolors to sculpting to photography and more! If you’re interested in learning how to draw caricatures (and how to improve your overall creative skills), take a look at these pointers and FAQs from full-time artist Mike V., who teaches in Bridgeport, CT: 1) What are the steps for drawing caricatures? How does it differ from other types of drawing? The first thing to do is to familiarize yourself with human anatomy, especially faci …
By Megan L.
By Suzy S.