A musician with 18 years of playing experience and 12 years of instructing experience, I am starkly passionate about sharing my love for percussion with as many as possible!
Studying Music Performance at the University of Anchorage, Alaska, and currently attending Borough of Manhattan Community College for Education, I have also studied at the Seattle Drum School and have personally been invited to perform and talk for the Power Chord Academy Rock Camp for kids, as well as appearances on Jimmy Kimmel Live, MTVU'Âs The Dean'Âs List, and the 2008 MTV Campus Invasion Tour.
I have studied with many artists, including Stanton Moore, Jason McGerr, John Scofield, and currently a student of Mark Guiliana.
*** Lesson Details ***
"Be a musician, not a drummer." I will never forget this advice Jojo Mayer gave me years ago. Sure, I can teach you slick rock beats and pocket grooves, but learning how to APPROACH the kit under particular contexts will take you so much further in your musical career. My teaching style is paced and relaxed and you have the option to play in my newly renovated studio in Gowanus, BK or in my in-home studio in Windsor Terrace, BK. We play. We listen. We have fun. Kick off your shoes and let's get working!
*** Studio Equipment ***
Gretsch Renown Maple kit, Assortment of Sabian and Zildjian cymbals, along with many auxiliary percussive and melodic toys.
● Responsible for cleaning, tuning, maintenance, and set up of Clive Davis Department's in-house DW drum kit to the utmost of NYU's professional standards.
● Operated and maintained company’s largest warehouse and grossing store (appx $1.5M annually)
● Coordinated lesson plans throughout department
● Hired, trained, and supervised staff of 14
● Planned strategic PR campaigns which resulted in features in Spin Magazine, Alternative Press Magazine, and several weekly newspapers and online publications
● Organized many national tours and coordinated artists, artist managers, promoters, and venue managers
● Negotiated live performance contracts
● Composed, orchestrated, and performed original music on four released albums
● Collaborated with major producers including James Paul Wisner, Paul Kolderie, and Casey Bates
● Directed ensemble through 291 performances and 7 tours in 49 states