Union Music Lessons
Looking for private in-home or in-studio lessons? Our Union teachers are ready to get you started. Find your teacher today!
Search for a teacher
Compare hundreds of teachers based on the criteria that matter to you, including background checks, age and experience.
Schedule your lessons
When you've found the perfect match, schedule your lessons online using the teacher's real-time availability.
Connect with your teacher
Your teacher will welcome you with a personalized curriculum to meet your specific goals and you'll be able to manage your entire schedule through our free online account.
Zero travel time is great for a busy schedule.
Typically priced lower than local lessons.
Online students stick with lessons as long as local students.
I have always loved to sing, and sang in several choirs when I was younger. But I had "lost" my voice, and wanted to see i
She is passionate about music, and yet very patient with her students. She did not patronize me with false praise when I wasn't getting it, but she still encouraged me. And when I did get it, she was quick to affirm my progress. I strongly recommend Andrea as a voice teacher."
Mark is a great teacher he has given me a great base to build from, Even though I have never read music his ability to add that into our les
As a senior, I started taking piano lessons about 1 year ago. Emma is very patient in her teaching
Tim was a super awesome guitar teacher! Not only did he teach me a lot of riffs but was also a super nice guy. I recommend hi
Edwin is a great teacher. He was very patient and encouraging from the start. He has a great knowledge of different styles of music and
All lessons take place in a comfortable environment where all of the students personal needs in terms of training get worked on. Fa
he is very focused and thorough. quite professional and polite.
he makes complex things with the sax seems
I'm a student of Steve G.'s and am in my 40's. I had previously taken classical piano lessons from the age of 7 until 18, bu
1. Patient: Prodigies or masters of their art often lack the ability to convey their ability on a small scale to their pupils. Steve is an amazing performer and artist, and yet he is humble enough to walk alongside you, particularly when you are establishing the fundamentals of guitar technique. He will find the areas that need work and allow you to see how a small amount of persistence can result in large gains.
2. Encouraging: Steve is always optimistic. You can feel his passion for music in every word he speaks. He has the rare gift of making you see the flashes of your own talent, and he will help you build on those. He will not only help you figure out ways to overcome your obstacles in playing, but he will also deepen your appreciation of the instrument itself. He even went with me to the store to pick out an awesome acoustic guitar!
3. Individualizing: Steve doesn't have a once-size-fits-all method of teaching. He is a very keen and observant instructor who will challenge you based on your progress as well as your natural abilities. He will get to know you as a human being and as a budding artist. He will find ways to allow you to take your own inspirations and use them to drive you forward in your musical exploration.
4. Exemplary: Steve has tremendous integrity, not only as an artist but also as a professional instructor. He is also a tremendous guitarist with a broad repertoire, and watching him play will motivate you to become even better.
I hope this review is helpful to anyone who is considering taking lessons. Sign up with Steve and you won't regret it! Good luck on your journey!"
And they're not alone!
Our teachers have taught
lessons and counting!
View Full Profile
I attended Linde
I am starting up my fourth season playing French Horn with the Alton Symphony Orchestra. I have been a board member since November 2015 and will be accepting role of Vice President as of June 2016.
*** Lesson Details ***
I like to tailor each lesson to suit individuals. Everyone learns differently and I can adapt easily. I believe in a "no stress" environment. Stress and tension can affect how you learn and if you're relaxed and having fun then you'll absorb more. My lessons will help inspire creativity and confidence. In our first lesson, we will discuss what YOU would like to get out of the lessons, whether you want to learn a new genre of music, prepare for solo and ensemble, improve technique, and anything else that comes to mind.
For beginning students, we'll learn notes, scales, time signatures, and technical aspects of the instruments and music. For intermediate-advanced students, the lessons will depend on what knowledge you already have and what you would like to learn.
Daily practice is encouraged! A teacher can teach, but it takes a student to put that into practice. I can teach Flute, Saxophone, Trumpet at beginner levels. I can teach French Horn from beginning to advanced levels.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I can provide music and pencils. I expect my students to provide a music stand and a positive attitude. Miscellaneous cleaning/care products and reeds should be provided by the student.
*** Specialties ***
Classical, Baroque, Romantic
· Flute · In home
View Full Profile
· Violin · In studio
- Louis O.'s parents
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio
· Violin · In home
I have been teaching piano and theory since 1994 and have loved helping my students discover the beautiful world of music. Seeing my students grow into well rounded and educated people that love art, are able to recognize different styles of music, express their feelings and emotions on this wonderful instrument makes me really happy. My students range from people who simply want to learn how to play proficiently as a hobby to students who are considering making music their future career.
I strongly believe that a chance to go on a
I look forward to helping you and your children to reach your goals!
· Classical Piano · Online
· Piano · In home
· Piano · Online
View Full Profile
· Violin · In home
· Violin · In home
Mr. M. studied organ at Cleveland State University with Horst Buchholz and piano at Duquesne University with Natasha Snitkovsky. In 2011 Mr. Murphy came in third in the Rodgers North American Cla
· Singing · In home
· Classical Piano · In studio
· Piano · In studio
Is your child's piano practice falling by the wayside? Make sure he or she continues to get the most out of piano lessons with these practice scheduling tips from Saint Augustine, FL piano teacher Heather L... The concern that I hear the most from my students' parents regarding their children's piano lessons is practicing and schedules. A parent will tell me, "She's just not practicing." The child then replies, "I had so much/many homework/sports games/club meetings that I forgo … Read More
Take your voice to the next level. Download free video tutorials to start singing like the star you are!
Getting Started with Music Lessons guides you through selecting a teacher & preparing for your first lesson.
Kickstart your guitar playing. Download free video tutorials to learn about chord progressions, strumming, and more!