Born in Russia, I studied at Moscow Tchaikovsky Conservatory (Master of Arts/Voice) and am a graduate of Bern Opera Studio in Bern, Switzerland (Master of arts/Opera). For 3 years I worked in a children music school as a voice teacher and have taught privately.
My debut as a professional opera singer was with the State Theater Bern, Switzerland in 2010. I have also performed with Theater Biel (Switzerland), Ash Lawn Opera Festival (USA), Opera Ischia (Italy), Dicapo Opera Theater NYC, and Vocal Productions NYC. In 2014, I made my debut at the Carnegie Hall with Steven Crawford, pianist and assistant conductor of Metropolitan Opera. Some of my main roles performed include Fiordiligi, Mimi, Violetta, Nedda, Iolanta, Tatiana, Euridice, Flaminio, Lauretta, and Adina.
In 2012, I received a grant by the most prestigious vocal competition The Schuyler Foundation for Career Bridge and in 2015 I was one of the Finalists in the Vocal Arts DC Discovery Series Competition in Washington DC. In 2015, I won the Montpelier Art Center’s Classical Recital Series Competition. Late in 2015, I sang with Opera Camerata in Washington DC, in the principal role of Fiordiligi, in Mozart's Cosi Fan Tutte.
In November 2015, I performed the World Premiere of “Yulia” (a song cycle for soprano and strings dedicated to me by composer E. Dubois) at the Merkin Concert Hall at Kaufman Music Center in New York City, in collaboration with the renowned Italian pianist Carlo Pari. My future engagements include various operatic and concert series performances in Washington DC, New York, Russia and France.
Role of Fiordiligi
Performed roles: Iolanta, Nedda
Performed roles: Mimi, Adina, Lauretta
· Opera Voice · In home Yulia is an amazing teacher and great singer. She is very passionate about teaching and my sessions with her are fun and very educational. She is quick to pinpoint issues and rectifying them using different techniques to attain correct voice. For a complete novice in singing, I have learned a lot in a very short period, thank you Yulia. I highly recommend her.
· Classical Voice · In studio I worked with Yulia to improve my vocal technique and coach my Russian repertoire. Yulia knows about technique and music more then many known teachers! She helped me a lot and I would definitely recommend her as a vocal instructor if you are just starting to sing or if you are an advanced singer.
· · Online Excellent instruction, very patient
· Opera Voice · In home I highly recommend Yulia Petrachuk as a vocal instructor. Her extensive knowledge of music and vocal technique along with her artistic gifts and ability to share them with her students all combine to make her an outstanding artist and teacher. I significantly benefited from my lessons with her!
· Opera Voice · In studio Yulia is a very professional, capable, and patient teacher, who produces results. She has a deep knowledge of the fundamentals of singing and what is takes to build a solid foundation of a vocal technique. Furthermore, she is able to demonstrate and reinforce important points with her own voice and that helps a lot. I definitely recommend Yulia as a voice teacher!!