My teaching experience includes students between the ages of 8 and 70. I believe in the individual approach and decide what music books and methods to use and recommend after the first few lessons with the student. Everyone learns differently!
Flute lessons can be fun, educational and helpfull. Playing the flute is a great skill that lets you appreciate and express music. It also enhances your capability to focus and the quickness of your mind since you think of a few different things simultaneously when playing the instrument. And the fun part - well you can play your favorite song, compose something yourself or have fun playing duets with me or fellow flute students.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Stand, sheet music, metronome, tuner
*** Specialties ***
I maintain a private flute studio at my home teaching students of all levels and ages. I offer lessons from 30 to 60 minutes depending on the student's level and preference. The material we work on includes scales, etudes, pieces of different genres, tone/technique exercises and duets. If the student is in a band we work on the tunes assigned by the band director. I also help students prepare for Chair tests, Honor's, District and All State band auditions, Solo and Ensemble as well as other competitions and performances.
Teaching private flute lessons and leading master classes.
Teaching private flute lessons.
The National Flute Association, founded in 1972, is the largest flute organization in the world. Approximately 5,000 members from more than 50 countries join together in person, online, at conventions, informally and in forums, through publications and classrooms, in performance, in friendship and collegiality. Guided by its goals to encourage a higher standard of artistic excellence for the flute, its performers, and its literature, members include leading soloists, orchestral players, jazz and world music performers, teachers, adult amateurs, and students of all ages.
· Flute · In home lala
· Flute · In home sdsdsdf
· Flute · In studio Yana is a superb instructor. She promptly identified my strong points and let me know those areas that needed improvement. She is patient, yet she keeps the student moving along to the next goal. I look forward to my next lesson.
· Flute · In home What a great first lesson. Our daughter played and practiced the rest of the evening. Yana immediately established a great rapport. Our daughter is happy, we are happy. Thank you Yana!
· Flute · In home Yana is a motivating and friendly teacher. We very much enjoy the flute class with her and would strongly recommend her!
· Flute · In home Yana is accommodating, helpful, and inventive when it comes to her teaching methods! I've been able to remember tips from lessons because she suggests great exercises for me to remember correct hand positions and little things that have improved my flute skills by leaps and bounds!
· Flute · In home My daughter loves her lessons with Yana. Yana is very dedicated, punctual, respectful and wonderful with her students. She sets goals for her students and works on achieving them. Her teaching style is just the right mixture of hard work and fun. My daughter has learned so much from her lessons and she has improved in technique, tone and musicianship. I highly recommend Yana and we feel very blessed to have her in our lives.
· Flute · In studio Yana is a wonderful teacher. She is patient, enthusiastic, responsible, and helps her students find joy in playing -- and practicing. She teaches technique but also encourages students to have their own opinions about music. She helps them expand their own knowledge of all kinds of music and performance -- from classical to folk to modern. We feel very lucky that our daughter has been able to take lessons from her.
· Flute · In home A perfect fit for my daughter, a rising ninth grader who is in need of a teacher who can bring her to the next level. She is friendly and personable, very easy to relate to. Very informed as a teacher, willing to adapt her style to your needs. Able to teach warm-ups, scales, technique, tone and a wide array of repertoire. She would be great for students of all levels. We are very glad we found her!