My goal as a martial arts and kickboxing instructor is to help my students realize their potential and have a good time doing it.
When you take a private lesson with me you will be able to explore your interests and define your training as it pertains to:
Coordination and ease of movement
Basic fight mechanics
You won't show up to a training session to watch your instructor show off. Your training is about you, what you want and where you're at in the learning process. I learn as much from my students as they do from me and I celebrate with them when they reach their goals.
I can come to you to teach in your personal gym, your apartment's workout facility, your backyard, etc. I can also meet you for training at a local park like Lake Nokomis or another outdoor area if weather permits.
Scheduling is flexible according to your needs. If you are looking for an early morning workout before work, a training session over your lunch break or a late afternoon lesson, I can make myself available.
· Mixed Martial Arts · In studio Willie is a rare breed of instructor for a number of reasons:
1. His infectious personality quickly puts you at ease as he teaches. The pressure and nervousness of learning a new activity from a stranger quickly melts into a more relaxed session with a trusted expert.
2. He is able to assess what you currently have, and quickly begin to improve your skill set. Personal instruction from Willie isn't a lecture, it is a discussion on improvement. I have experienced and witnessed Willie improve the ten-year veteran practitioner to welcoming and effectively instructing the first-time student.
3. Lessons are focused, but not pressured. Lessons vary in content, making boredom impossible. Willie is able to communicate effectively to all levels of student, and it won't be long until you 'get it'.
A great person that possesses the skill to perform and the patience to teach. What more could a student ask for?
· Mixed Martial Arts · In studio Willie is a phenomenal instructor! He always knows when to slow me down or push me to work harder. He is knowledgeable and creative; lessons are always fun and a great workout.
· Mixed Martial Arts · In studio With Willie, I immediately felt at ease. He is quick to point out everything that you are doing right, and is really encouraging when it comes to ways in which you can improve your technique and impact. Taking classes with him is energizing because he is really skilled and inspiring to watch, he knows how to explain things in terms that are accessible (even as a beginner), and he loves to laugh and have fun.
He loves what he does and that appreciation is infectious.
· Jeet Kune Do · In home Willie is one of the the most encouraging and engaging instructors I have ever worked with. He helps students develop well-rounded attributes and skills that apply to martial arts and many other physical activities/sports. His lessons are relaxed and fun, even though he takes his students goals seriously. He keeps you on task, but does so without the typical "formal" atmosphere of many martial arts gyms.
As a martial arts instructor, he is not necessarily all about fighting (although he can help you refine your skills there as well). He helps students become good training partners, develop a passion for learning and gain confidence in their physical potential. On top of it, his knowledge is founded in his training with some of the most esteemed martial arts instructors worldwide. I am so happy to found martial arts as an adult and chosen to train with someone who makes every lesson a joy.